Essays for the 99% - The Auction - The Choice

"A four-course meal for the mind, served through the drive-up window."

"This writer is spot on . . . making him one of the biggest dreamers in America at the present time. His writing is eloquent and concise."

". . . every American not currently in the 1% should read this book and think hard about the ideas."

The Essays for the 99% are the voice of the speechless, the dream of the hopeless, and the passion of the true Patriots who love this great nation enough to want to save it.

This is The Auction, and The Choice. Our government is for sale to the highest bidder, and there will be no "winner" for the American people.

There is a word for those who sell something that they do not "own," and that word is "criminal."

I invite you to preview the next two essays in the series, Plan B, and Reconstruction. They are the next steps in the "healing process" that our great nation so badly needs. Agree or disagree, THINK before you vote.

You can listen to the free author's read of Reconstruction here: johndavidauthor.com.

Look for the Essays for the 99% - The Collection, (Parts I-VI) including Part VII Class Warfare, available now at a special price!

Essays for the 99%

The Auction

The Choice

By John David

Illustrated by Christine Ticali

Copyright © 2012 John David

johndavidauthor.com

All Rights Reserved

EPUB ISBN: 9781300073765

V. 2 of a series

081012

Part III

The Auction

In Part II, I left you with “A Call to Action,” regarding the upcoming “election” we are about to have. In that election, if nothing changes, we will once again elect either “heads” (the incumbent Democrat) or “tails” (the “winner” of the nomination process), or as I like to say, the “highest bidder” amongst the field of Republican candidates.

The title of this essay is The Auction, and I chose that name because that is effectively what our electoral process has become. The player names will change, but the game remains the same.

This time around, a Republican will be nominated to oppose a Democrat, as if it really matters which face the millionaire wears. A, B, C, or D, they all have one very important trait in common, that is, they are nothing like you and me, the 99%.

As I write, literally hundreds of millions of dollars, if not billions, are being spent in pursuit of being anointed the “winning” candidate. How odd is this “democratic” system of “government” that we now have, whereby whoever has the most gold, wins? How much farther from the founder’s intentions can this process possibly be?

The saddest, most terrible part of this whole dog and pony show is that, in the end, there will be no “winner” for the American people, the 99% of this Nation who are the heart, the soul, and the backbone of our society.

There will be only losers, and they will be us.

We will all be losers, as yet another millionaire buys the crown, and therefore the right to “lead” us even farther down the path of destruction. More jobs will be sent overseas, more foreign wars enacted, more homes foreclosed upon, and more families torn apart, simply so that we can say we let this so-called “democratic process” work again.