It's Me

For Avery, Erica, Lynda, Scott and Abby. Hope you love the story as much as you love Five Nights at Freddy's!
------------------------------

Chapter 1

What? I woke up on a bed, not sure of where I was or what I was even doing here. I must've been in my home. I looked around, and it was really tidy, except I was in a very small apartment. I guessed I was a very organized person. Then I remember, I can't remember anything. The first thing that popped into my head. Jeremy Fitzgerald. Is that my name? I began to panic, hands sweaty and shaking. Why couldn't I remember? Did I have amnesia? I needed to calm down. I ran into the washroom, looking in the mirror. I was so shocked. It felt like the first time I've seen myself. I looked like a wreck. I decided to throw some cold water onto my face, to wake me up. There was definitely something wrong with me. I decided I would go to the doctor.

I had arrived, panicked and needed to find someone to help me. I ran up to the receptionist, the first person I saw.
"Excuse me miss," I said with shortness of breath. "Yes, how can I help you?" I thought for a second. Would they be able to help me? Just because I woke up probably just unfocused? Well, it was worth a shot, considering I didn't remember a single thing. "Yes, I woke up this morning and I couldn't remember anything. I'm scared and I don't know if I should-" She held a hand up to silence me. "I will get a doctor right away. You can calm down and sit on the bench over there, ok?" I swallowed nervously, and nodded. I walked over to the bench, sitting down, and holding my head in my hands. I was too scared of the consequences.

I wasn't sure if it had been one minute or one hour, but the doctor finally came. "Come with me," he told me. I looked up at him, nervously and got up. He was a little older looking, maybe in his thirties. I walked with him to the room where he would assess me, feeling like my legs were too weak to hold me up. "Sit down, right here," he exclaimed, pointing to a bed. I sat, looking down at my hands. "What is your name, sir?" That reminded me of the name I had remembered in the apartment this morning. Jeremy Fitzgerald. That would be my name. Even if it wasn't, even if it was someone else's I had used to know, it wouldn't matter anymore. "Uhh..." I stuttered. "Jeremy, Fitzgerald." He nodded, looking down at his clipboard, with a pen at hand. I assumed he was making notes.
"So. Why are you here? What's wrong?" I decided to tell him the truth, even though it sounded so stupid. "Well... I woke up this morning, not remembering anything. I only remembered my name, well, hopefully, my name. I needed to get help, I didn't know what to do!" I exclaimed myself. He nodded, continuing to take notes. He looked up at me, very suspiciously. I wasn't sure why, but I was too afraid to even care. "I will do a few assessments on you, test out your brain activity. Just listen to what I say, ok?" He seemed very urgent with me, so I simply nodded.

"Uh, excuse me? Dr...." I looked at his name tag placed on his lab coat. Smith. Dr. Smith. "Dr. Smith? Have you found anything wrong?" He looked at me and paused for a moment. "Come with me." He took off his lab coat, putting on his jacket, and we left the room. He walked over to the receptionist. "I've found him. He's the one. I know it. I'm going to head over to the station now." He said proudly. The receptionist looked at me, almost devilishly smiling. "Good luck to you, then." We walked out the door, Dr. Smith in front of me. "Uh Dr. Smith?" I yelled at him, hoping he heard me through the sounds of cars and the busy city. "What do you mean? You found 'the one'? What happened?" He looked back at me, and kept walking, "Call me Fritz. I know we are going to get along quite well. You'll see why, I will explain everything later." I nodded, still confused.
I hope everything would be explained to me, sooner or later.
We ran to the nearest bus station, where the bus was conveniently, there. We got on, and Fritz told the driver the destination, "Station, and hurry!" We sat down on the bus. I sat silently, waiting to get to the 'station' and get my answers.

We arrived at exactly what Fritz said it was. A station. But this was a police station. I started getting nervous. Did I do something wrong? Is Fritz going to turn me into the police, for a reason I am not sure of?
"C'mon boy, hurry up! I will explain everything inside!" That calmed me down a bit. It seemed like he was trying to help me, rather than turn me in. We got inside, and Fritz looked around the room, in a hurry. He looked too excited. I wasn't sure why. "Mike!" He yelled. Everyone looked at us, and a head popped up from one of the desks. "There you are! We've found him! We found him, finally!" He was out of breath from yelling. I looked back at who I assumed was Mike, and he looked excited too, but devilish, even more so.
We all went to a room, in the back, and Mike closed the door. "Only took us an entire year," Mike beamed. " Sorry about that Jeremy. This is Mike Schmidt, your new co-worker." I shook his hand, and paused. "My... Co-worker? What?" Fritz and Mike exchanged glances, smiling extremely suspiciously. "Let's just hope he isn't the cowardly type."

------------------------------

Yay first chapter finally up! I have good plans for this book, I hope everyone loves it!!!