─── 𝕻𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

[sʜᴏʀᴛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ]

[sʜᴏʀᴛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ]

❝YOU HAVE DISOBEYED DIRECT ORDERS FROM THE COUNCIL

YOU HAVE DISOBEYED DIRECT ORDERS FROM THE COUNCIL.❞ Logan Swan had never wanted to slap someone so hard in his life, but yet all he could do was merely look up at the Elders with a smirk.

He merely tapped his fingers against the wood of the conference table. "I had my reasons." Logan then looked down at his watch. "Are we done? I have a plane to catch in about an hour."

That answer was not what the council wanted to hear.

"You told a human of our existence! Do you not realize-"

"Yes, I do realize the danger I put our species in." The raventette's eyes darkened and his lips pulled into a sneer. "But you need to remember who I am. Charlie is my brother, and would never do anything to hurt me. Now with that being said, we are done here."

No one spoke up as Logan Swan glided out of the room, an aura of power and confidence surrounding him.

He was annoyed, but you could hardly blame him. The council had always picked at his choices when he had been chosen as the King of the Faes, but he dealt with it. Besides as pathetic as it sounds, his mother hardly let anyone mess with her precious little warrior.

"You seem to be annoyed." Astrid Gallows didn't look up from her sewing as her son entered the study. "I hear you are traveling to Forks."

Logan just grabbed his already packed suitcase from the desk and rounded the chair to kiss his mother on the cheek. "I'll be back in a few months. Bella seems to be going through some things."

Astrid merely raised a brow. "Just be wry of the shifters, oh, and do be cautious of the vampires."

The male smiled at the older woman and raised a hand. On the wall, a rippled appeared, images of a forest coming into view, light rain falling from the sky.

"I will be fine, mother."