Choices for the Future

Chloe Cerise is a somewhat different girl, as most kids at her age would already be on a Pokémon Journey, but Koharu was different, at her age of 10 Chloe didn't have the slightest desire to go on a Pokémon Journey, she technically already had two Pokémon, Yamper the Pokémon that was her family's mascot and her peculiar Eevee.

Chloe wasn't forced to choose her vocation or anything like that, her parents gave her total freedom of choice, but Chloe herself was pressured about it, she was impressed how Ash and Goh dived headfirst into everything that came their way, from jobs given to them by their father Professor Cerise, to alternative projects like Project Mew which Goh had recently joined and was practically doing suicide missions, according to Chloe.

Despite the danger her friends were in, Chloe felt a little envious of the two of them as they went on countless adventures, but at the same time she didn't want to stop her studies, it was a truly complicated situation for the young Cerise.

It was a quiet night in Cerise Park, that night Chloe was going to sleep there, since she, Ash and Goh were going to do an assignment for her father the next day, Chloe had climbed the observatory that was in the house to enjoy the night, Eevee was sleeping peacefully on her lap, while she was cuddling Eevee she spoke softly...

_Seeing you sleeping so peacefully Eevee makes me a little jealous, you Pokémon have nothing to worry about, you just follow the same path your trainers choose.

_Talking to yourself Chloe?

Chloe got scared and almost woke up Eevee with the jump she gave back, when she looked back she saw it was Ash, the girl got angry and scolded Ash with all caution not to wake up Eevee...

_Have you gone crazy Ash, do you want to kill me from the heart?!

Ash bent down and apologized...

_I'm sorry Chloe, it wasn't my intention to scare you, it's just that I saw you there and was surprised to find you here.

Ash sat down next to Chloe and Pikachu lay on her lap, stretched and got ready for bed.

_Pika-chu.

Ash saw Chloe half thoughtfully and said...

_I see, so you come here to think too?

Chloe raised an eyebrow and said...

_What do you mean too Ash?

Ash cracked a smile and said...

_Well, I usually come here at night after my practices with Pikachu and the others to reflect.

_I hope I'm not invading your space.

_Not at all, mind you, it's actually nice to have someone to talk to and reflect on.

Chloe gave a slight smile and said

_That's nice.

Ash also smiled and said...

_But tell me Chloe, what were you thinking?

Chloe blushed slightly and said...

_I was wondering which way I should go.

_Well, I know we haven't known each other very long, but I think you should do what you think is best, or what you're most passionate about, or whatever it is you like best.

Chloe patted her palm and said...

_But that's where I get confused, I really like to travel with you and Goh, but I also like to study, my future is a little uncertain, I don't know which path I should follow.

_Well, it hasn't always been this easy for me.

Chloe once again raised one of her eyebrows and said...

_What do you mean, I thought you always wanted to be a Pokémon trainer.No, it's not about that.

_So?

Ash looked at Chloe, sighed and said...

_I guess I never told you that I've lost six Pokémon Leagues in a row.

Chloe was startled, as it was impossible for Chloe to see Ash losing in so many battles, since the boy was extremely skilled in Pokémon Battles, she then questioned the boy...

_What do you mean six Pokémon Leagues in a row?

_Well the first two here in Kanto and Johto were my fault, I was very immature and my strategies were not the best and my Pokémon were not trained that well, the third in Hoenn I did not rotate my Pokémon, the fourth in Sinnoh I had everything to win, but my opponent had a team composed by a Darkrai, a Latios and four other hidden Pokémon, the fifth in Unova was my worst performance, although I already had a lot of experience, I did not train my Pokémon correctly and did not rotate with old Pokémon, in Kalos I made it to the final, but unfortunately my last Pokémon fainted from exhaustion.
Chloe was impressed, she then questioned the boy
_But you've never won a Pokémon League?
Ash giggled and said...
_I've actually won two, one unofficial and one regional, the first Pokémon League I won was a little after the Kanto League, which was the Orange Island League and I recently won the Alola League.
Chloe gave a slight laugh and said...

_Well, no one can say that you are not persistent.

_Yes, but what I mean is don't give up on your dreams, and also don't be forced to choose a single path, you can keep traveling and keep studying.
Chloe blushed, smiled and said
_Yes.
She and Ash then became silent and Chloe stood enjoying the moon, until she heard a loud snore that informed her that the boy had fallen asleep, she looked away from Ash and smiled.
Chloe still didn't know which way to go, or what her future would look like, but one thing she was sure of, she wanted Ash in her future.
End