The Truth

"What?! You just said he was alive!" Aleeya exclaimed, dropping Derek's hands. "I want to see him!"

"Peter's dead, Aleeya! You never let Derek finish, so let him talk." Stiles said, raising his voice a little, causing Kat to go quiet.

"Thank you, Stiles," Derek stated as he then continued. "Yes, Peter was alive. But after being in a coma for six years, he had this need for power and vengeance. Peter killed Laura to become the Alpha. He wanted anyone dead who was even somewhat involved in what happened to our family. He's the one who turned Scott. He ripped Kate Argent's throat out. He was out of control, so we didn't have any other choice but to kill him before he could hurt anybody else. I had to kill him. So yes, Peter is dead, Kat. I'm sorry."

Aleeya just stood there looking at the three boys in shock, not knowing what to say or do. She was trying to process the fact that everyone she had known and cared about was dead. She didn't know what to think and didn't know what was going to happen next.

"Please say something," Derek said in a gentle voice, putting his hand on Aleeya's cheek.

Aleeya pushed his hands away, moving out of his grip. "I need a minute," Aleeya said as she walked out of the railway station.

Aleeya sat down on the ground outside with her head in her hands. She didn't know what to think. She wasn't sure how to think and how to process this news. She just started crying into her hands, not knowing what to do or think.  

The three boys stood inside, still talking, while Aleeya was having a breakdown outside. "So, how did you guys find Aly?" Derek asked.

"She found us," Stiles said. "She's been out there awhile. Should one of us go out there?"

"You should. I think she trusts you, and she won't want to see me right now," Derek said, looking down.

Scott patted Derek on the shoulder, "Hey, it wasn't your fault. She needs time to process." 

Stiles nodded and walked out to find Aly. He found her sitting outside on the ground, crying with her head in her hands. Stiles sat down next to her, and Aly stopped crying for a second to look at who was next to her. She saw Stiles and sighed, laying her head on his shoulder, and started crying a little more. Stiles put his arm around her, pulling her closer to him so she could cry into him. Stiles rubbed his arm up and down her back to try to calm Aly down a little. 

Aleeya smiled and looked up at Stiles. "Thank you," she said as she looked up at him from his chest.

"For what?" Stiles asks, looking down at her.

"Being here," Aly said as he snuggled back into his chest. "I don't understand. I don't understand how everybody I love is dead. I don't know how to accept it. I came home for them, and Derek is now the only one left. What do I do now?"

"You live," Stiles said. "Come on," Stiles said, and Aleeya got off of him, and he stood up with his hand out.

Kat took his hand, getting up and standing in front of him. "What do you mean?" Kat asked.

"You live your life, do what you want to do. Do it for you." Stiles said, smiling at her.

Aleeya smiled slightly, hugging him, and he hugged her back and pulled back not too much later. Stiles looked down at her and kissed her head. 

"Come on, let's go back inside," Stiles said. 

Aly nodded, taking ahold of his hand and walking back inside to where Scott and Derek were to see them talking. Aleeya was leaning on Stiles's arm as they walked back in, which made Derek look at both Aleeya and Stiles with jealousy in his eyes. He still loved Aleeya but didn't know if she did, plus he didn't feel like he was suitable for her after everything. 

Aleeya stayed by Stiles but spoke to Derek, "I understand, Derek. It wasn't your fault. I do not blame you. I just, I'm going to have to process it." 

Aleeya releases Stiles's hand and steps forward towards Derek. "Can I trust you?" Kat asks, looking up at Derek.

"I haven't done anything terrible, Aly," Derek says, very monotone.

"That's not what I asked. I didn't ask if you have done anything bad. Can I trust you?" Aly said with a bit of sass in her tone.

Stiles interjected before Derek could say anything, "Um, no, you can not, Aly. He's an Alpha now and bit Issac to become part of his pack because Scott won't. Does that sound like someone you can trust?"

"Quiet, Stiles," Aleeya said, turning her head to look at him then turned back to Derek. "Is Stiles right? Are you meant to be trusted?"

Derek looked down before speaking, then back up at Aly, "Aly, you know me. You've known me almost my whole life. You should know whether you can trust me or not. I'm not going to make that choice for you. Just do whatever you feel is right."

"I... I um..." Aly turns her head, looking back at Stiles, who nods his head, signifying that he'll respect her choice. "My heart is telling me one thing, but my mind tells me another. I don't know which I'm supposed to listen to."

Scott spoke up, as he'd been quiet for the most part. "Do what your heart desires. Your heart will choose the right path for you."

Derek and Stiles agree with Scott, which makes Aleeya think for a second. "I... I don't know. I think I'm going to go with Scott and Stiles on this one. You bit a kid. You killed Peter. Even if it were for the right reasons, they could've been a better option rather than killing him. I don't know if I can trust you yet. You'd have to earn that."

Derek nodded and sighed, looking down, knowing that she probably wasn't going to trust him right away anyway. "I respect that. I'll do everything I can to earn it back again.

Aleeya nodded and smiled slightly, now starting to feel awkward. "Well, we're going to go now," Aleeya said and walked out, leaving the three boys there. Stiles followed suit soon after.

Scott was about to leave, but before he did, he decided to say something to Derek. "You love her, don't you?"

Derek looked up, seeing Scott still there, "What?" He asked, unsure if he had asked that.

"You love her, don't you? I saw the way you look at her. You love her, right?" Scott asked, looking at Derek and his sad expression.

"Of course I do. She's the first girl I ever loved." Derek stated as he sighed again. "I just want her to trust me." 

"Then prove Stiles and I wrong," Scott said and left. 

A/N: ayo! I'm back. This has been sitting in drafts for so long, waiting to be edited, so here it is. Look out for a Rafe Cameron OBX story coming soon... Tbh I'm excited for it. I have so many ideas. My other stories will be on hold til this, and the OBX one is finished. 

Love y'all

-Kait