Kanji x Reader - Bunnies and Crap (Persona 4)

KanjixReader - Bunnies and Crap

_____ needed something cute for an elementary schooler.

There was a little girl that hung out at the shrine that had nothing to do other than torment the fox. (he/she) Was hoping that if she got a really fluffy unicorn thing to shake around like the kid in "Despicable Me", the fox could catch a break. Plus, that girl never really got a chance to hang out with her parents, so maybe something adorable would brighten her day.

First store in mind- Junes, of course. But on the way (she/he) passed by Tatsumi Textiles.

And you know what?

Totes kawaii crap.

Right by the window.

See, ____ had a fetish for cute things, but would be shunned if (he/she) walked around with them. (He/She) hung out with the kind of people that disliked that stuff- cute stuff. They were also against anime, which was almost as hard to hold in.

Sometimes ____ wondered why (he/she) was friends with those dudes.

Anyway, this trip was actually just an excuse to browse stuffed animals.

(The man/the woman/the man-woman) stepped into the shop, fascinated by all the amazing styles of the things in the store. (he/she) needed to come here more often.

"Hello, dear," a woman said, suddenly appearing next to _____. "is there something in particular you're looking for?"

"Ah..." she had freaked (him/her) out. "I-I was just going to look at the stuffed animals...for a friend."

"Oh? Well, the tiny ones are eighty-five cents, and the bigger ones are two dollars. Feel free to look at any of the other merchandise~" Then she walked away. Was it really smart to leave a shop unattended like that? People were weird.

_____ looked around hastily, checking to make sure that no one was there. Then (he/she) clasped (his/her) hands together, looking at the display and exclaiming,

"It's so cuuuute..."

____ then proceeded to look at all the individual ones in awe, prompting a poorly-timed Kanji entering with with an apron.

Of course, _____ had no idea he was there. (He/She) was too busy giggling at the adorable crap in front of (him/her).

"Y-Ya just gonna stand there all day or... buy somethin'?" Kanji muttered, incredibly embarrassed by the fact that the (dude/chick) was liking his stuff so much.

____ snapped up and almost fell over, not realizing he was there. Then, slowly looking over to him, (he/she) picked up the cutest one (he/she) saw and whipped out the money needed for it, throwing on (his/her) usual "Hah! I don't care." look.

Kanji knew that look. And the gleam in (his/her) eye told Kanji that the person holding the stuffed bunny really, really liked that bunny. And that (he/she) was feeling sad because (he/she) couldn't keep it. Because Kanji was just that perceptive.

"Yknow... it ain't bad to like the things ya like. I'm into cute things, too."

____ was caught off guard.

"What?"

"I-I mean..." Kanji rubbed the back of his neck.

"You don't need to hide your feelings... if a person is really yer friend, they'll like you for who you are... y'know? There's no reason to hide-"

"I get it."

_____ could hardly believe a guy with a face like that had said something that cheesy.

But he was right.

So, maybe....

"In that case, you want to hang out sometime?" (He/She) didn't know why (he/she) asked that. It just came out.

"Y-Yeah. Now buy the damned bunny."

____ handed him the money.

"Soo... Junes food court?"

"Sure."

-will probably be on deviantART in a while. Sorry the ending was weak.-