Part Nine - In Five Years Time

I just finished uni this past week. In a month's time, filming starts on my TV show that I wrote and I'm going to be directing the first episode too. Life is good. Hell, life is great.

Patrick, who's still my best friend, is about to propose to a girl he met at uni and I'm almost certain going to be the best man when the wedding rocks around. I'll do some big speech, on par with our Valedictory one, but I haven't even really thought about what I'll say yet. I'm taking a page out of his book on this and I think I'll leave it until the night before. I do have a plan though. It includes lots of jokes – mostly at his expense.

I still can't believe he's the first of us to do all this: getting engaged and eventually married. I always expected it to be me, if I'm being truthful. But I'm happy for him. The girl he's proposing to, Niamh, is so far out of his league it's ridiculous. I don't just mean looks either. She's like a saint. It's crazy. I still don't know how he did it but I'm proud of him.

Speaking of love lives, I'm not doing too bad either. In my second year at uni, I met a girl: Anna Walsh. She was perfect. We became best friends and I fell in love with her – I'm just kidding. She is perfect but I didn't become best friends with her, I straight up asked her out and we've been dating ever since. We've actually been on a couple double dates with Patrick and his girlfriend, as well as someone else I'm glad I still have in my life... Olivia.

She has another boyfriend now. They met in the summer before we all went to uni and I actually have helped them through a few rough spots in the early days. They're one of the best couples I know, swiftly behind me and my girlfriend and Patrick and his girlfriend. But, in all seriousness, I'm happy for her. I don't feel the same way for her anymore. I love her as a friend now. It's just that and nothing more. I love another girl now and I wouldn't change it for the world.

I do sometimes wonder though, what would life be like if she'd have felt the same... It's one of life's great mysteries, I guess, and there's no point dwelling on it. Things didn't go that way for a reason and I'm unbelievably happy now, so I'm glad they didn't. I wouldn't swap my life at this point for anything.

This is it from me. You've joined me on my journey through one of the weirdest, most confusing parts of my life and I think I'm finally ready to say goodbye.

Actually...

Let's not say that. I'm sure there'll be a reason for me to say hello again, so let's say 'see you later'.

It's been fun. It's been real fun.

I'll see you later.

My Life Is A Messजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें