A brand new start is all we need to mend these hearts

Bonnie leaned on Damon’s shoulder as they finished “The Bodyguard” for what felt like the hundredth time. She felt Damon’s steady breathing as his chest rose up and down, he must have fallen asleep sometime through half, but she was wide awake, her heart pounding in her chest, as a potent feeling of longing took over her heart. The famous moment between Rachel Marron and Frank Farmer as they reunited in the airport at the movie’s end played in front of her and for the first time ever she was extremely jealous of fictional characters. She was jealous of the warmth they must have felt as their bodies collided; Bonnie couldn’t even remember what a warm body felt like. Damon and Bonnie have been stuck in this prison world for what has felt like a lifetime, although it has only been months. And for the first time in the long days they have been here she has felt no hope. She tried to hide it from Damon, knowing he’d get in one of his moods, but tonight was just one of those nights that there wasn’t a thread of it in any part of her soul.  She wanted to go home, desperately, but they hadn’t found a way out of  this hellhole… and what if they never do?

As she watched Rachel kissing Frank, a daring thought came into her mind, one she hadn’t dared even to consider since knowing she was stuck with the very handsome male vampire sleeping soundly beside her. Damon had suggested once or twice for them to quench their desire with each other various times throughout the endless days of their solitary but always  jokingly, like Damon always did, usually ending in  their bickering.

Come on, Bon Bon, what happens in 1994 stays in 1994.” He would wink at her and then laughed as she threw Mrs. Cuddles at him. But tonight… tonight Bonnie wasn’t feeling funny, she was feeling lonely. She needed to forget where she was for just one moment before she would completely lose her mind. She looked up to Damon beside her, still asleep, and slowly leaned away looking down at his peaceful form then her gaze went down to his lips.

Just a touch… he wouldn’t even have to know.

She leaned down gently towards his lips and kissed him gently and breathlessly not wanting to wake him. His lips weren’t cold, like she always thought a vampire’s lips would be, but warm and soft and dare she say it, she didn’t want to pull back. But a sudden movement from under her made her pull back quickly and she saw two aqua eyes looking up at her.

“Bonnie?” he whispered. “What the hell are you doing?” Damon whispered as he looked up at her confused. They stared at each other for quite some time and Bonnie found herself blushing from embarrassment. Oh great, now she’d never hear the end of it.

“I have no idea.” She whispered back and then she tried to salvage a bit of her dignity as much as she could. “Sorry, that was a low point; just forget it ever happened, okay?” Bonnie answered with a little more strength in her voice and got up from the couch as quickly as she could. She wanted to go up in her room and hide away from Damon’s pity filled eyes but a hand grabbing her arm stopped her.

“Wait.” He whispered. She felt his hand turn her body around and when she looked up at him, she was surprised to see the same longing that was in her heart reflected in his eyes. That was the thing about her and Damon; she hid her heart away while his was on his sleeve. In a way, that’s something she’s always admired about him. Even with all the crap he’s gone through for love and all the times his heart has been broken, he still wears his heart on his sleeve and she would never admit it out loud but Elena is one lucky woman to have this man’s devotion. It’s one of Damon’s best qualities.