chapter | 56

──────L U D I C R O U S [ chapter 56 • date night ]──────

──────
L U D I C R O U S
[ chapter 56 • date night ]
──────

THE SUN SETS in the sky, the sunset is merely a prelude to the dawn, it blossoms upon the horizon as if a million scarlet blooms ignited. The sunset blossoms upon the clouds, blossoming red and gold. The orange gold stretches far and wide, the colour of fire hearths and tangerines, stretching out with sepia tones to everyone below.

With the windows rolled down, and wind slipping in and out of the car, I allow one hand to dangle carelessly out the window, feeing the crisp air cut against my skin. Absorbing the euphoric feeling rushing through my veins, I tilt my head towards the driver, using the opportunity to rake my eyes over his frame, taking his outfit in.

His hair is classically tangled (like always), laying messily on his forehead. He's wearing an olive green flannel, black pants and a white shirt underneath. Around his neck are two silver chains and matching rings adorning his fingers.

I smile to myself, he looks good. But then again Kio always looks good.

Just from the close proximity, I can smell his cologne. It's not an overwhelming smell, but it's just enough for my stomach to go into a frenzy, butterflies filling my stomach. My heart races underneath the thin fabric of my short puff sleeve floral print ruched high split long dress.

His eyes are steady to the horizon, face aglow with the last orange rays before twilight beckons the stars. His lips bear the semblance of a smile, just enough to show that he is enjoying his thoughts, whatever they may be.

Kio reaches across the dashboard and he lowers the music. "You look pretty today." His voice his low. Tone soft.

I lean back in the seat and align my body so that I'm facing towards him. The car slows to a stop and Kio's eyes slip to the thin strap of my dress that's falling off of one shoulder, I watch as the top of his ears grow a vivid crimson. A smile tugs onto my lips, I love when I make him blush: despite the seductive confidence moments he has, he's nervous and tentative as well (just like me).

With one hand he reaches out, his fingertips grazing softly against mine — it's a silent request. Accepting it, our palms press together and I felt the wind get knocked out off of me — the air quickly evaporated from my lungs.

I brush a thumb over one of his silver rings. "You told me that already." I laugh softly, leaning my head against the leather headrest of the car seat.

He shoots me a grin. "Doesn't mean I can't tell you again," he murmurs. He squeezes my hand with just enough pressure. "I've never seen you in a dress before." His gaze travels from the top of my head to my Docs. "I like it."