Foreword

Written by Nyx Bloodguilt

Alexander Hooper.

He was an amazing person. It was for this reason that on the day of his funeral, over three hundred people arrived to mourn his loss. And I can remember still, standing at that podium, looking out over all of those people and knowing how Alex had helped every one of them.

People stood outside the church, inside, standing along the side of the pews, talking, murmuring, and remembering, remembering the one that they had all come to say one last goodbye too.

Only five people in the church that day did not know Alex; the priest, his secretary, and three girls who had been too young to remember the man that saved their life.

Alex had told me on his deathbed that he wanted to have his funeral in the small church where he was christened; it was also the church that we were going to be married in. He had always joked that he had chosen the church because it was the smallest one that he could find, because he wanted full house for his parting. He didn’t think that anyone would come.

How could he not think that everyone who he had ever helped would not come? How could he believe that no one wanted to mourn him?

I stood on the podium, and I made a choice.

Because Alex’s legacy should never end.