chapter | 55

──────L U D I C R O U S [ chapter 55 • the truth unravels vol

──────
L U D I C R O U S
[ chapter 55 • the truth unravels vol.2 ]
──────

THE LEAVES WERE a deep orange and brown, coming down like the most outrageously large confetti, everything from vivid scarlet to the color of the soil. Falling leaves tumble from the interlocking branches above, branches that grow so thickly only bright gaps of sunshine break through, sunlight cascading to the ground unhindered. The falling leaves are like gentle boats, riding airwaves with confident grace.

There's a chilly breeze in the air that feels nice against my skin, it felt refreshing.

I suck in the deepest breath of the damp loamy air I can and focus on my hearing, listening to Kio's soothing voice as he reads Pride and Prejudice out loud.

Kio had indulged me in the secret that the park was like his safe heaven (other than the soccer field) where he can just come to the park to read whenever he's tired of being cooped up at home. Or when school is becoming too stressful.

We sat leaning against one of the trees in the middle of the park that gave us a good view of Ophelia and the twins that ran around the park, playing (Ophelia wanted to play with the boys again).

One of his hands was laid against my stomach, thumb tucked under my loose green crewneck - rubbing circles against my warm skin. His touch could make my legs give out if I was standing.

Adorning a yawn from my tender lips, my eyes squint close as I bring a hand up to my mouth. "I'm boring you, aren't I?"

I tilt my head up, shaking it. "No. I'm just tired because I had a hippopotamus and two demons sleeping in my bed. And, I somehow ended up on the floor. Then, I had to wake up to go get that stupid cast off," I remark. An amused smile tugs on my lips as Kio glances down at me, a hint of guilt flooding his features. "But you can continue reading, I like listening to your voice." I reach up, patting his chest.

"Really?"

I nod. "Mhmm." A faint smile stays on my lips as he returns to his reading, continuing to draw shapes on my skin. Goosebumps littered my skin from his touch.

The sky was simply a blue-tinted white, the blue sky is bright and soft all at once. The sky is dappled by the clouds, the serenity of the clouds that sailed by, gently pass on toward anyplace the wind wishes them to reach. A calm sense of awe as warm as sunny rays washes over me from the rays of sunlight.

It was 30 minutes of Kio reading his book and me watching the sky in its beautiful glory before the calming atmosphere between us deteriorated and the little rascals showed up.