Style- AU Songfic

Based on the Song Style by Taylor Swift

I don't own anything, except the plot.

I hear a car roll into the driveway. But it's midnight. Who would be here at this hour? I ask myself. Suddenly something hits the window, a pause, and then another. After placing down my history textbook, I wander sleepily to the window and gaze outside to see who is here. Could it really be? I haven't talked to him for weeks… He beckons for me to come out side.

I quickly change into jeans and a shirt, apply my classic red lipstick and escape my house. I jump into his arms and hug him for dear life.

"Hello Granger," his voice sweet and thick like honey that would keep me stuck for eternity.

"Oh, Malfoy. I thought we were past that," I reply with a smirk, as I circle his car and climb into the passenger side.

We drive for the what seems like eternity, but could never possibly be long enough. We end up stopping at his house.  Draco quietly leads me to his room, careful not to be caught. We simply lay there on his bed, snuggled up together, lovingly examining each other. Draco's in his usual white shirt and Slytherin quidditch jacket, with his slicked back hair approaching shoulder-length. The one thing that is uncharacteristic of him is the daydream look in his eyes.

"What is it Draco?"

"Hmm? Oh nothing, just thinking."

"About what, love?"

"You, me, us, the world, and so many other things, all at once. What will our future hold? Who will remain through all the dust and rubble we may pass through in the future? All I know is that one thing is for sure, and that’s us."

"What about you and Pansy. I've heard you were with her," I say

softly and look away.

Draco simply lifts my head and says, "We aren't dating, but we've had some dates here and there. The problem with her is that I kept simply wishing it was you with me, Hermione. As soon as we went on one date she acted as if we were glued together. I couldn't stop thinking about you long enough to ponder the thought of who I really was with."

The room goes quiet for a few moments as I try to absorb what Draco just said. I study his face to try and spot any sign of lying.

"Do you think, that if people knew about us, she would leave you alone?" I murmur.

"What?"

"If we went public, would things change for the better? Could we go on dates in public? Would you be able to spend time with me? Would Pansy leave you be?" I pause and then say softly, "Draco, do you think we could?"

"Hermione if our relationship is as strong as I think it is, we can. My only question is: how do you want to go about this?" Draco replies, stroking my hair.

I nuzzle into his warmth, and say into his chest, "Tomorrow. Tomorrow morning pick me up before school and we can enter school together. No more distance. Just you and me together. If anyone has an issue with it then screw them. Even Harry and Ron."

"Okay. Tomorrow we'll do it. But I must say, we need to get you back home or you won't wake up in time tomorrow."

"Okay Draco," I say with a yawn.

He drives me home and I sneak back inside, climb back into my pajamas, and crawl into bed. I fall asleep with happy dreams of Draco and our future.