The Tube Line

❗TRIGGER WARNING❗
THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS A LOT OF SENSITIVE CONTENT SUCH AS ATTEMPTED SUICIDE AND POSSIBLE HOME ISSUES. PLEASE CLICK OFF IF THIS WILL OFFEND OR TRIGGER ANYONE IN ANY WAY. (Also please let me know how this is. Its my first story and if you read the description you might know where the idea came from)
Word count: 660

I hate it here, the people, the smell, the smoke. I can't go into public without the overwhelming feeling of gloom. The city looked, smelled and tasted of a ugly green-brown-grey colour. The city reeked of rotting food left from careless children. Broken glass crowded the curbs and old newspapers were pressed against benches. I made my way to the train station just to go, i wanted to leave this damned place. I am gonna be honest i have no idea where I am going, but i am just gonna go. I got my ticket and i waited for the train.

    I looked down at the barriers on the tube line. I saw a young man step up, he seemed to be in his early 20's. He stared at the tracks and looked up at the train coming. I could barely see them but I could tell his eyes were raw and red from recent tears. He started to breathe fast, tears started to run down his face the tears slowly down his neck fast as he stared. The sound of the trains seemed to be colliding with his thoughts. His feet slid up, nearing the edge. He was gonna jump. I ran to him and grabbed him as fast as I could. I wrapped my scrawny arms around his chest and pulled him back. I hugged his body as we fell onto the floor. Everyone was staring.

     His back was on top of my chest. The floor was frigid on my back and all i could do is stare at the ceiling. The train had come to a stop and people got on and off around us. My eyes wandered toward him, all i saw were peoples feet. Carelessly stepping over us. I looked up at an older man that was getting off the train. The man looked at us and shrugged. I looked back at the boy. His jacket was falling off one shoulder as he rolled over on the floor next to me and started to cry harder. He smacked his hand against the ground, hard. It made that smacking sound that hurts the back of your neck. Then he pressed his face on the cold floor. I stood up and held my hand out to him to help him up.

          He grabbed my hand in a harsh, fast manner and and looked up at me from the floor. He looked at me through his fluffy hair and, he asked, "why would you do that! Why would you fucking do that?" He stood up fast and nearly drug me to the wall behind us. The boy had the coller of my shirt balled in his fist. He pressed me against the wall. The wall was cold on my back. He let go of my shirt and his hands slid to my shoulders. He then leaned into my neck. I let him cry. He cried so much I felt the tears through my shirt and onto my skin.

          I wrapped my arms around him and did my best to comfort him. I was shorter than him so his neck looked strained. We stood there. No one said a word. No one seemed to care. No one asked if he was ok. I let him cry. He slowly wrapped his arms around my shoulders and grabbed them swiftly. He leaned back and looked me in the eyes. His glasses had a small crack in the bottom. But he slowly spit out, "Thank you." i leaned off from the wall a bit and said, "No problem. What's your name?"

          "I'm Will." He responded. Will, that name. It seemed to slip through me like water. I grabbed his hand and said, "Well, I'm Oliver." I hated my name but right now wasn't about me. He looked down, I didn't know what to do. So, I asked him if he had anywhere to go, or a parent to call. He swiftly grabbed my shoulders and slammed me against the wall, "NO." he said sternly "I don't, I was just about to fucking leave and then you pulled me away!" After this he swiftly pulled his hands away and apologized.

         He started to cry again and said, "I should go." He turned to walk away from me. "No you shouldn't." I responded. He slowly turned back around seeming confused and said, "What do you mean?"

19 reads?! thank you so so much!