I heard Sophia's distant footsteps

(Please leave a comment if you enjoyed it)

I heard Sophia's distant footsteps in the stairwell, and the rustling of the keys jingle louder as she approached closer to unlock our door on our condo. I raced to the door and opened it before she could get to unlocking it. Click. Open. It was often a game I would play, as I wanted to show her how excited I always was to see her.

"Hey beautiful..." I whispered to not wake the neighbours up, all I could see was the silhouette of her standing in doorway as she walked inside and I shut the door behind her.

"Heyyyy, why did you wait up?"

"Ahh, it's ok, I had a bunch of work anyways, and it was nice to catchup with everything."

I went in for a hug, and I noticed her hair was a knot in the back. Being a news anchor she was usually picturesque. I flipped the light switch on to get a look at her. 

"Oh hun, you ok?"

She looked dishevelled, her lipstick was smeared, her hair was frazzled, her shirt was wrinkled and off center.

"Oh god that's way too bright, as she squinted and turned away."

I flipped the light switch off.

And softly asked her... "What happened? You ok?"

She didn't say anything, but stood there and melted into my arms while looking down. I could smell cologne that wasn't mine blended in with her faded perfume from her long day at work.

"Heyyy....."

I took my hand and placed it on her chin while hugging her close. I pulled her chin up and looked at her in the eyes. 

"Did something happen? Are you hurt? Did someone hurt you?"

"I don't know, I'm ok... it's ok."

"Here let me take your boots off and let's get you inside." I bent down as she stood there looking down at me and I unzipped her brown suede boots from the back of her knees, which went all the way up, cupping her calves. I tugged them off while holding her leg, getting her to step out one leg at a time while she rested her bodyweight on me.

"I'm worried, can you tell me what happened."

I took her by the hand and led her into the dimly lit bedroom and sat her down on the bed. She was wearing a tight black pencil skirt, white button up shirt and fitted blazer to match, but looked like a train wreck.

"Where were you?"

"At work, I was at work...Steve wanted to talk so we hung out after the newscast."

Steve was one of the sportscasters at the news station, he did the late night sports segment with her. A good looking, masculine guy, broad shoulders, that was built like superman. A man that was always dressed in a sharp-looking suit.
I met him once at a Christmas party. He carried himself with confidence, a quick tongued type-A personality. Very much like my wife. It was a characteristic common with the news business.

"I'm so exhausted..."

She broke down with a gasp, covered her face with her hands and buried her face in her lap.

"I don't want you to be hurt." I could hear the mumbles from her hands covering her face.

... "Did he touch you?" I rested my hand on her back, and rubbed her gently. She sat back up and I stepped back a few feet to look at her.

She nodded as her face flushed red. She looked up at me in silence, our eyes met.

"I love you, I'm worried about you", my heart was beating fast and I could feel my cock filling with blood, the tip of my cock, hung pointing downwards, tapping against the cotton of my loose jogging pants, dangling, it wasn't hard enough show through the fabric in the dim lit of our bedroom.

My intuition already knew the answer to the question I was going to ask, but I wanted to hear it come from her mouth, my chest ached, but the pain I felt pulled me closer to her. The pain I felt was like a pain of knowing something bad was going to happen and you couldn't stop it.

My eyes locked with hers, I felt a connection like I never felt before. I stood a few feet away from her, I'm 6'4" towering double her height, both of us at the edge of the bed. I gazed at her, I felt a feeling of wanting to keep her safe. Time stopped, what felt like minutes of us just looking in each other's eyes. I felt a ringing in my ears get louder as my soul felt a surge deeper than i had gone before, and I could feel she felt the same electricity.