Chapter 4 - You're Just Being A Girl

“Sydney….Sydney…..SYDNEY!” A male voice shouts in my ear.

I pull the cover over my head, not ready to wake up. “Go away.”

“Sydney, get up.” Bradley. That’s who the voice belongs to.

“Bradley, go away,” I mock him.

“It’s 7:30.”

I spring up in the bed, glaring at him. “What?”

“It’s 7:30, so hurry up. We’re leaving at eight.”

“You would wake me up thirty minutes before we leave. You’re such a boy.” I murmur, going to my closet.

“Well, hello to you, sunshine,” He says, standing up from my bed.

“Are the other guys already here?”

Bradley nods, “Yeah, they’re down in the basement playing C.O.D”

“What is it with you boys and Call of Duty?”

“What is it with you and Super Mario?”

“Super Mario is the best game ever, don’t forget.” I remind him, rifling through my closet.

“Yeah, okay.” He says, obviously not agreeing. “Well I’m gonna go raid your refrigerator, you have twenty eight minutes.”

“Wait, you can’t leave!”

He groans, already knowing what’s coming. “Aww, no Syd. Please don’t make me do it.”

“If you didn’t want to do it, you should have sent someone else to come and wake me up,” I argue.

“I just told you that they’re playing C.O.D. And they’re doing multi-player.”

“Exactly, so I need you to help me with this.”

Bradley groans again, “You’re the worst.”

“Sure I am. Okay, sit, sit.”

“Alright, fine, but hurry up.” Bradley demands, plopping down on my bed.

I grab a handful of dresses - I own about seven, but that’s it - and lie them on my desk. I pull out the remaining two, adding them to the stack of silky fabric. I pick up the first one, a short lilac one and hold it up, showcasing it like a Price is Right Model.

“Okay this is the first one. Like it? Love it? Hate it?”

“It looks fine,”

“Bradley,” I pout. “I can’t do just ‘fine’, I have to look amazing if I want Reese to notice me.”

“If you really want Reese to notice you, I’d suggest going naked.”

“You’re not funny,” I tell him, scowling.

“Yes I am, I know you’re laughing in that little head of yours.”

"Alright,” I say, ignoring his comment. “I’m just gonna try them and then come ask.”

“Sure, sure.”

I grab the dresses and leave my room, heading towards the bathroom. I lock the door behind me and strip out of my clothes, leaving them in a pile on the titled white floor. I pull on the lilac dress, and smooth it out in the mirror. It’s been a few years since I last wore this. I got it in like freshman year, I think for homecoming. I walk back into my room and put my hands on my hips, looking down at Bradley. He’s texting someone.