CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE

_____

Since I didn't have time to explain, then let me explain.

Due to the sudden rush of memories which I am not certain to whom belonged, the headache made me see the whole scenario from how it originally played out.

It was still resolved by the Empress. The only difference is my intervention, including the people present. In that memory, there were no Eldest nor Ashley. Only Lord Aquabelium and Archduke Shaman.

The situation about the missing nobles is all an act. In other words, a charade. And if I want to show them that it is all a planned act, as a portrayal of how they went to disappear altogether with their loyalty to the Empire's current ruler, we need to get rid of the casted spell and find them inside the forest.

It's a good thing Archduke Shaman is useful in this situation. He managed to return the nobles safely and acted like nothing ever happened.

They are only hiding away inside. Those who have participated are nobles who opposed her majesty and the Emperor before, so it won't be a surprise if this is how they uniquely say that they don't respect the Empress and much more, the Imperial family itself.

It was so complicated the first time I saw the memories about the situation. I thought that there was still few Arhams left that decided to abduct the nobles, but then I realized that these missing nobles themselves were the actors.

And so, the only way for me to be of help is to explain and elaborate the situation and my perspective carefully. I do not want another suspicion landed on me if I bluntly tell them what was going on without any logical explanation.

Therefore, I chose the very stressing way. Fortunately, some of the nobles are easy to handle, only the Count who was part of the act got killed by the Empress.

And from how I see it, the Empress knows what was going on. But I wonder why she's acting oblivious and decided to let me handle explaining it to others?

Is it because she wants to give me the spotlight? No clue. But it did helped me get a better reputation, as it is now, the rumors that Ashley spread before is now being replaced by the rumors that I solved the rather displeasing situation which involves traitors.

"Crown prince, let's have a conversation some other time."

"If you allow it, I'd like to send my kids as his highness' aquaintances."

"I suggest to become his highness' tutor!"

"Would you do the honor of inviting us in your next birthday? Thanks."

I massaged my temples the moment I was able to leave the swarm of nobles that crowded and bombarded me with lots of questions or suggestions. While the Empress went to hold a meeting with few elder nobles about the probable terror attack.

Judging from the situation today, the event has also been cancelled, but she permitted it for the nobles to stay for how long they want, but only for today. In the end, I went towards my own room inside the palace where few maids are standing from outside the door.

This palace is unique, it has the vibes of crimsom red and sparkly rubies everywhere. With golden linings and a platinum marble floor, everything screams of royalty.