CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO

______

Klydeur doesn't look pleased at the outcome of the situation. He must have thought his acting of being a victim by provoking me would work, but I guess ladyluck is in favor with me today.

Before he can even say something else to save face, the Empress looked down on him, making him flinch. "Enough. This situation has dragged on longer than intended. I apologize to the Viscount who had witnessed the scene."

The Viscount, who now only seems to be addressed at the situation, laughed awkwardly. Huh, I almost forgot about the Viscount. Imagine how awkward and weird it is for him to witness the scene.

"Aha. It is alright, your majesty. I understand that kids do have the right to bicker. It will be a good way to grow up! My sons used to fight too—"

"If that is so, then we may start the hunting event." The Empress concluded, waving at the Viscount. "You may leave and enjoy the event."

He smiled, sweating. "Ah, yes yes! May time make haste to the Vermillion Empire!" As he bowed down, he then hurriedly took his leave. The knights outside the room entered and stood side by side on the corner. The Empress signaled for them to announce the start of the event.

The knights understood and informed the announcer at the field. It didn't take long for us to hear the bell ringing and the announcer's words. "Let the hunting event begin!"

Finally, some action with good peace.

I hope Klydeur won't spark another war right now.

"Mama, will the hunting event be separated for adults and kids?" I asked out of curiousity. I thought that it would be combined, but then we were told that the adults will have to go first before us.

The Empress glanced at me. "Yes. The adults and younger nobles won't be participating at the same time to avoid conflicts."

Oh, right. I can only imagine other adult nobles stealing away the younger ones' hunt. That would be a cheat.

"We also have a separated hunting zone. Younger nobles around the same age as you will only be hunting smaller animals. I doubt that you'll be safe in hunting bigger ones. As long as you see a blue ribbon, it's the zone you are supposed to be in. The red ribbon indicates the danger zone."

It's a surprise that the Empress can actually talk longer, and even explain the methods of the hunting event, no less!

"I see. I understand now, mama." I smiled, nodding my head as I watched the adult nobles entering the wide forest.

"How are we supposed to watch them, mother?" Klydeur asked in confusion, his forehead creased. I almost had a panic attack when I heard his voice but fortunately, he was just also normally asking something. "We can only see the field and the entrance in the forest."

Aureus gestured for Eldest, in which the latter understood as she stepped up and casted a spell. Golden white light started swirling around the area, and then a variety of people inside the forest showed up infront us.

Like when watching a CCTV camera in the CCTV room where you get to watch different footages at one go.

"Oh, wow." I complimented unconsciously. "I'll only say this today. You're really quite talented in magic."

Eldest grinned. "Ofcourse."

I guess when it comes to complimenting her magic, she's fine and not flustered. But if it comes to looks, she's a total opposite of my mother here.

Er, I still feel weird calling the Empress as mom, mama or mother in my monologue, so I'll just stick with Aureus or Empress for now.

The Empress then blinked her eyes, before commenting something that silenced us all. "I am too."