Chapter 20

Roman

Elena just disintegrated firebird right in front of us and now she's nothing but a pile of ash, this can't be happening I felt like someone just thrust a sword into my heart.

Ezra fell on his knees and screamed while cluthing her ashes, he looked downright defeated right now.

Elena started walking towards us with the few remaining druids flanking her,

"I'm sorry you had to witness that but the flame was meant for you king Roman, the fool just got in the way but don't worry you will be joining her soon".

She started conjuring up another fireball and I was just about ready to tear this crazy bitch to shreads.

Me and Ezra were posed ready to attack when suddenly something very bright almost blinded us and that's when we looked up and saw a big bright phoenix right above us, I can't believe it, firebird's ashes had tranformed into that, she was beautiful.

I heard a shocked gasp from Elena and then an horrifying scream and that's when I turned and saw that Elena and the remaining druids were on fire.

Elena kept screaming and saying
"Nooooo, this can't be happening I killed you, I'm suppose to have won" and with that she and her druids started fading to ash right in front us.

I turned towards the phoenix just in time to see it flame up and the next thing I knew firebird was standing right in front of us, Ezra and I immediately scooped her into our arms,

"We thought we lost you" said Ezra

"Never" replied firebird

I kissed her and looked her in the eyes "I love you"

"So do I" said Ezra

She smiled and said "I love you guys too. Is it over?"

"Yes, it's over my love, it's finally over" I replied.

"Good because you guys need to put some clothes on before I kill someone for looking at your naked bodies" Ezra and I chuckled,

"understood sweetheart" replied Ezra.

I can't believe we almost lost her again but now it's over and we are never letting her go.