Author's Notes

Just as the year turned to 2022, this story has reached 5k readers, and my heart is speechless. Thank you to all of you who decided to join this adventure <3
_____________
And as 2022 became 2023, this story had gathered 25k readers, I'm amazed beyond this world. Thank you, all future readers, for contributing to this magical journey. Every vote fills my heart with joy and every comment will receive a warm reply!

Hello! First of all, I hope you enjoy this journey you're about to read!

Apart from the prologue, this story begins 6 years after Frodo, Bilbo, Gandalf and the Elves leave for the Undying Lands, the 6th year of the Fourth Age.

A few notes: this book is based mostly on the movies, both The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit trilogies. However, I've picked some facts or parts of history from the books to complement the story. I'm trying to gather as much information and facts from Tolkien as possible, however it is quite impossible to get it all accordingly, specially when you have a storyline in mind, however I hope to make this story pleasant and easily read by the common Lord of the Rings fan.

One of the facts that could be controversial and that I will try to play with along the story is that elves only fall in love once: in this story, the events of «The Hobbit» movies happen, therefore Legolas was at some point in love with Tauriel, and wouldn't be able to love again. However, wouldn't his heartbreak make him fade or leave for the Undying Lands, as elven hearts are quite fragile when it comes to love and grief? To conciliate both these facts (and that this story revolves around the romance between Legolas and the main character), my take on this matter is: was Legolas truly in love with Tauriel? What is love for him? Was it only infactuation allied with a long lasting friendship?

And obviously, most of the characters, places and past events belong to Tolkien and Peter Jackson. Characters such as Elarinya, Athelas and more to surge along the story are of my creation, such as the events that follow.

On another note, a few chapters were inspired by certain songs, which are introduced in a specific point. You will find the song on the upper banner, along with an Author's Note on the beginning of the page. Listen it if you can, soundtracks are what give movies even more meaning.

Here follows the map from Middle Earth, that you can consult to follow the travels of the characters

Travel times were obtained from the website Travel Times In Middle-earth - Becky Burkheart