chapter | 49

──────L U D I C R O U S [ chapter 49 • a fashion show & storytime ]──────

──────
L U D I C R O U S
[ chapter 49 • a fashion show & storytime ]
──────

ROLLING OUT FROM beneath my car (Kora — which got demolished on the behalf of lovely Nathan) that I was currently working on, beads of sweat trailed along my forehead, and oil-covered my hands. Standing up, I clean my hands from the oil with a rag before taking my shirt off that stuck to the upper half of my body.

"That was hot!" Calls out a voice. It was her - my Atalie. Just from the sound of her voice, my heart beats erratically against my chest, and a smile fights its way onto my face.

Looking out the open garage door, I watch as she walks up the driveway, holding a carton cup holder filled with drinks and a bag of food. Her lips were pulled into a smile with her deep dimples prominent. Fuck, her smile alone gets me.

I flick my eyes over her outfit, she wore a white cropped tank top, baggy jeans that had white and black bandanas sewn into the legs, a black Yankee fitted hat sat on top of her wavy hair with a black oversized zip-up hoodie. She had on red Air Jordan's and an array of silver rings on her fingers and a couple of necklaces around her neck. She never looks bad in anything, and never fails in amazing me about what outfits she can come up with.

"I waited at the diner but you never showed up," She says, walking into the garage and eyes landing on the red Plymouth Barracuda.

"Shit, it totally slipped my mind. I didn't go to school today, Ophelia wanted to play sick and my mom couldn't get off of work, so I was stuck playing babysitter. I'm sorry."

She waves it off. "It's cool. But I have a bone to pick with Lia, she didn't think to invite me. I needed a break from school."

"It was that bad?" I question, a swarm of guilt rushed through me. The point of meeting at the diner was just to get her mind off of things with her friends, and I completely failed on doing that.

She shrugs. "Mirela didn't come to school, she wants to be by herself. Which I totally understand, but I just feel like a bad friend. She's like me, she likes to shut people out and not push her issues onto everyone else, she likes to solve them alone. Then, the entire school keeps bugging me about the two clowns." She rants out.

I raise my brows slightly. "I still can't believe that. It was highly unexpected."

She nods in agreement. "Tell me about it. I had this entire plan to get Mirela and Hunter together, I was going to put her in a coma, and then bam he falls in love with her."

I chuckle. "What kinda plan is that?"

She shrugs. "It worked for my parents."