Against the Grain

Against the Grain

Derek comes over to tell Meredith she's got a choice to make...

"You've got a choice to make," says Derek, as he walks into the kitchen after having been quarantined for a potential plague exposure (which he turned out not to have).

"Derek-" Meredith interrupts, but Derek keeps going.

"All I have to say is... I love you, and you have a choice to make," Derek smiles.

"Derek-" Meredith presses.

"Goodnight," says Derek, turning around on his heels.

As he heads for the door, Addison comes downstairs, her hair wet from the shower, and dressed in Meredith's Dartmouth T-Shirt. "Meredith I do want some tea, thank you-" says Addison, bumping into Derek accidentally.

"Oh, hi?" says Addison a bit guiltily, as she looks up at her soon to be ex-husband.

"I was just here to see Meredith," Derek sighs.

"Oh," says Addison.

"Here's that tea, Addison," Meredith passes it to her. "This is what I was trying to tell you, Derek-" says Meredith. "See the thing is, Finn came by earlier, and I turned him away," says Meredith, as she passes Addison a packet of sugar.

"The truth is, I've already decided," she grins, and wraps Addison's arms around herself.

"You've already decided," says Derek.

"Yes," Meredith smiles.

Then she kisses Addison.

*

*

*

*

*

***** FIN