Chapter Eight

A/N:

Hello again! I hope you guys are enjoying my new chapters. Anyways, I would really like to see some new comments, to see what you readers are thinking.

So. Please. Comment.

-Stormy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rian's Pov

A little girl, well, who once was a little girl, sat in front of us in a chair. Last time I saw her, she probably only looked about eight. Now she looked about sixteen. Her long brown hair shook along with her body.

"Why are you so scared? I'm blind," Selene said, breaking the silence. I held back a laugh. Blind? Yeah, like that hindered her any.

"Yeah," Corriena scolfed, "I am scared. Why wouldn't I be? Your people killed so many of mine-"

"Hey, wait, we attacked them first," I interjected. "Joker had no need to keep this war going. How could he not understand that they are powerful? Shifters could kill us all."

"Exactly!" she burst.

"But I don't attack anyone who doesn't attack me," my mate quickly said. "I want to live peacefully with shifters. Hell, I mated one! I need something from you." Corriena shook her head quickly.

"No! I will not give up any of my people. I'm not a traitor." At that last word, Corriena's eyes landed on me. I growled, making her jump.

"Who took you in? Who saved your life? I loved you like you were my own daughter!" My angry voice echoed off the walls at me, but that did not stop me. "Joker has mearly filled your brain with nonesense! He wants you to hate me, he wants you to think that I betrayed you.

"I looked for you, Corriena," I continued. "For a long time. Even asked Joker if he saw you- he said that he thought you had been killed." Her eyes widened.

"Joker told me that you sent him to take me because you could not deal with me anymore." Her voice sounded completely hurt, as if she believed him... "I did not want to think about it at first, but as time went on- sure. Why wouldn't you just give me up? I held you back. Jonah wanted to take on those shifters and Joker said you were bent on doing whatever you could to follow him."

"I never left you," I disagreed. "I lead those Rogues away from you but when I went back, you were gone. Not even a sent left behind." She frowned and looked at the ground.

"Joker said that he wanted to get rid of my scent," she whispered. "I didn't know what he did, but I guess it worked..."

I snarled and punched the wall, leaving a heafty dent.

"That bastard! I'm going to string him up by this throat!" When I turned to face that little girl, I saw tears begin to roll down her cheeks as she pointed those big brown eyes at me.

"Rian!" She threw herself at me. I caught her little frame, hugging her close. I hadn't lied, she had been like a daughter to me. I took care of her since she was barely old enough to speak.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Selene's POVI sighed and stood, heading for the door. I planed to let them have their moment, they hadn't seen each other in years, from what I understood. Once I hit that porch, I leapt into the air, landing on four paws.

The wind showed me everything I need to see as I sprinted through the trees. A flat grey wolf raced up beside me. We brushed sides for a moment before running together. It had been a very long time since we had ran together.