Chapter 1

:) If you don't like this chapter please be honest and comment so that I can improve it and Give It a Chance, please! This is my first go at writing a story on here! :) I would be really glad of comments, votes, follows lol. But if not, nevermind lol. Thanks for reading, anyhow ... here goes. 

Well this is awkward!

Chapter 1

Walking towards the fancy restaurant, I am dreading the time when I will eventually meet the new boyfriend of my Mother's. I found out that she is dating someone yesterday. I hope he is really nice, she deserves someone good. I don't know when I am going to meet him - will it be today? The street I am walking on is lined with trees and big house. These houses provide a fake image for the people who live here - an image which says 'I have a nice house and a nice, easy life' when the truth they don't always. Believe me, I lived in one of these houses once.

Reaching the restaurant, a hot guy is standing at the door. "Ciao Madam", he says. Looking at his gold name tag, I see his name is Pietro. Pietro, as I have heard, is a new guy at our High School. In my best Italian voice I can muster, I say very sweetly, "Ciao Pietro". Obviously, it doesn't work out and I sound like I am from a made up country - honestly no accents sound like that. I inwardly say 'Well that was awkward' and then just shut my eyes; as if to block out the weird look he was giving me. But when I hear laughing I open my left eye. "Yes that was", the Italian hottie said to me. What the heck is he on about? "Was what?" I ask him and he says "Awkward". So, I didn't say it in my head - in thought face palm guys, in thought face palm. Looking like a tomato I give in my name and he points to my table. "See you soon, Signora."

I look at the table to see a girl with them, who from looking at her,  is around my age: long brown hair strung in loose curls as I get closer however I realise who it is. Lori! Averting my eyes due to not wanting to see her I look at the guy. His dark blonde harry styles like hair, tanned skin and deep brown eyes look good together.  He is pretty tall around six foot and is dressed in chino's and a fitted T - shirt. His Nike trainers match well with the colours he is wearing; good fashion sense. His lean figure is sitting down in between my Mother and Lori. Sitting down at the table, I ignore the toy boy as I look directly at my Mum. "Hello, brought a pet with you". Seeing the shock on my Mother's face and Lori was hilarious. Although, I do feel sorry for the guy. After all, he is pretty cute and probably kind, but stupid enough to be my Mother's play toy. I mean, come on he is like my age, and I'm eighteen and my mother is like nearly forty!

"Who is this, Mum?" I point towards Lori, even though I know who she is I want to know why she is here. "She is Taylor's sister." Oh so the devil in disguise has a brother. Even more reason to feel sorry for him. And Taylor, that name sounds familiar. "Taylor?" This time it was the play toy's turn to speak, "Adams". Where is he from????? "Oh my God Mum you are dating someone who is in my classes at school! " Well here goes another, well that was awkward moments. Suddenly, Taylor Adams and even Lori burst into fits of laughter. "You honestly thought that I am dating him!", my Mum speaks through her bubbles of laughter. I nod, making them laugh even more. "Honey, my boyfriend is at work, his name is Rob. You will meet him next week at the work's party. Anyway, Taylor here is my friends son and Lori is her daughter. Susan, my friend and work colleague is on a business trip and I am looking after or watching over Taylor and Lor's here." I just look at her until I can't hold in my laughter anymore and I start laughing like a hyeena sitting on a feather. My Mum takes me to the resteraunt door and says, "Me dating an eighteen year old? What do you take me for?! I thought maybe you might like him - he would make a good boyfriend. You and him are so alike you know." Oh, so she was trying to see if I might like Taylorto do some match making. "Well, I read about this woman that went out with a sixth former in a magazine. Its possible." My Mum and I just looked at each other and then simultaneously I blushed and she laughed. "Oh honey, you have a big imagination".

I say to my Mother,"Sorry Mum, I honestly don't know what I was thinking." I know she would never do a thing like this. She's too sensible and kind. "It's okay, it was really hilarious, like my amusement for the day."

"Oh great, what is he going to think then?" .... "I mean they."

"Awwwwww, my little girl has a crush, do you like him chica?" My mother asks me.

"Mum......" She looks expectantly at me. I stare straight ahead - of course I like him he is gorgous and kind ... the PERFECT combination. She laughs. "Awwwwwwww, I won't tell him."

We talk for a moment before I go and fix my make up, I wanted to redeem myself, especially because of Taylor. However, that proved harder than I initially thought. Unfortunately, the only mirror in the bathroom was situated near the hand dryer. I started to put the eye shadow on but when I moved the automatic hand dryer came on so the powder went into my eye and up my nose. I cleaned my face and was exiting when the door opened in my face hitting my nose. Swiftly saying that is was okay to the profusely apologizing elderly woman I exited the bathroom. Walking into the hallway of the restaurant, people started to look and stare. When I put my hand on my face I felt tears escaping my eyes and due to the look of horror from my Mum as I sat at the table I asked,"What's wrong Mum?". As I looked at each and everyone at our table. They all contained the same shocked/ concerned expressions. "Honey, why is your face blothcy and why are your eyes red and why is your nose swollen?" Oh great, so my make up fixing turned into more embarrassment! Fabulous.

 :) So first try done! Haha lol. I will do next chapters and please comment. I will be glad to here all comments: honest, useful. Thanks! Vote, Follow, Comment :)