chapter | 45

──────L U D I C R O U S [ chapter 45 • some sick joke]──────

──────
L U D I C R O U S
[ chapter 45 • some sick joke]
──────

I GOT A paper due at midnight.

And, my laptop decided to have a meltdown right before I could have mine.

I crisscross my legs, scooting closer to the coffee table where my MacBook was propped open at an odd angle. I aggressively press the space bar trying to unfreeze my screen. It seemed to only worsen the problem.

"You're going to break your laptop." Says Hunter as he walks into the living room, grabbing the remote to the tv and flopping onto the couch.

Hunter moves his body to be sprawled out on the grey plush couch, one leg hanging off the edge and the other placed on my shoulder. I yank his foot off of me, sending him a harsh glare.

"This stupid shit is glitching, and I have a paper due soon." I smack my hands against the keyboard once more and aggressively hit the touchpad.

"Yeah, because hitting the damn thing will tell it to start working again," Hunter sarcastically comments, rolling his eyes.

I sigh, straightening myself up from being hunched over the laptop and lean against the couch. "You never know, the laptop is acting stupid and the only way to fix that is to smack it back into reality that it needs to stop having a fucking meltdown and work."

"Just take a breather."

"I don't need a breather. What I need is for this laptop to start working," I grumble under my breath, hitting keys at random and harshly tapping the touchpad with my pointer finger. "It needs to start working. Why won't it start working?"

Hunter shuffles behind me, he stands up and closes the laptop, and then sits in front of me, grabbing my hands. "Take a breather, Atalie." Hunter inhales and slowly exhales, and with my eyes closed, I follow his actions. "See? Just calm down."

I nod, slowly peeling my eyes open and looking back at my brother. "Better?" He asks.

"A little," I mumble, eyes flicker down to my legs. "Sorry, I just got carried away." My brows knit together as I talked.

Hunter releases his grip on my hands, placing his hands on either side of him on the coffee table. "Wanna tell me what's gotten into you?"

I bit down on my bottom lip, tiredly rubbing my forehead. "I don't want to talk about it."

He abruptly stands up. "I'm gonna kill him. I'm gonna kill him," He repeats angrily.