Chapter Two

RITA

             ALL THIS TIME, I thought I was running away from my past. Running away from myself.

            But I was really running towards was him.

            Chicago was where he was. Chicago was where we found each other.    Chicago was my beginning. Chicago was when my life really started.

             He forced his way into my cold world and lit it up with pain.

             He made feel.

             And I wanted nothing more but to allow myself to be drown in the pain he conflicted.

             It was beautiful. It was Sadistic affair. And we stole a broken peace of each other, scarring each other forever.

                I WALKED TOWARDS  the glass window to glare at the city from my twenty seven floor suit that laid at my feet

               I WALKED TOWARDS  the glass window to glare at the city from my twenty seven floor suit that laid at my feet. The North side of Chicago was the landing ground of many modern architectural wonders. I enjoyed being in the part of this new city where nature collided against the rapid modernization that came along with enormous breath taking glass towers projects and upscale, expensive condominiums. It was an interesting contrast between natures' lush green and the cold solid glass buildings that stood high and obstinate.

            It was like a silent bold ode to modernism.

            I stood still, silently watching the night awaken city as I playfully, slowly spun the glass of Nosotros red wine that rested between my perfectly manicured fingers as I stared out at the outstretch of Lake Michigan and then shifted my eyes towards Millennium Park. From this perfect view, it felt as though I had a piece of Chicago all to myself. Of all the times I had been in Chicago, I've never had the chance to admire such a mesmerizing sight.

          I wanted a place to be alone where I was left with my own thoughts.

         Thoughts that made me hold on tight to the nearest object around for support as it pierced my memories. Forcing me to remember events I have contrived myself to forget.

         "Are you ready?"

         "Almost." I breathed and turned around to face Laszlo who had gotten into the unit without me noticing. His copper hair rested against his shoulders while his hazel eyes smiled at me.

           "Not. Really. I don't do social events, Laszlo. I just don't do these things."  This is more of my mother, Babara's forte. I would have asked my assistant, Laura to go on my behalf but it was too bad I had already fired the poor girl last week.