Chapter 3: Don't trust the Hot Guy with the Blue Eyes

Start from the beginning

The party started shortly after we finished, people flooded in from every entrance to the house including the upstairs, how they got in through their I will never know. My friends shrieked pulling me outside with them, but before I could try, a hand shot out and grabbed my arm pulling me into the study-room. "What the hell?" I said spinning around to face the person.

"Oh, London, it's just you." I breathed out quickly.

London was my tiny half- cousin he was only 15, with light blonde hair and bright bright blue eyes. He even had braces, but by the looks of him now he got them removed. "Oh, thank god Kate. I've been looking for you everywhere!" He exclaimed looked worried.

"Well, it is my 18th birthday, I've been a little busy today

"Well, it is my 18th birthday, I've been a little busy today." I laughed nervously. London was never one to take things seriously, he was always joking around, making people laugh and never and I mean never stop smiling. So seeing him like this was setting me on edge.

"Well, I don't think you should go to the party tonight." He said looking up at me with puppy dog eyes. He knew those always worked on me.

"What?" I cried give him a look most metal patients probably saw. "Why not?"

"Please, Kate, don't go, they'll get you! I don't want to see you taken away." London said tears forming in his eyes.

I reached out, pulling him close to me and hugged him tightly, something was definitely wrong. "It's okay, look there's security, and everybody in our family is here I think that I'll be okay." I said rubbing his back. I gently pushed him away and looked at him but she was just shaking his head vigorously. "I'm going to go the party, but tell you what, I'll keep you by my side at all times, okay? You can be like my own personal body guard." I asked pulling away to look down at him.

He nodded reluctantly and we headed downstairs, my parents made me greet everyone at the door. London stayed by my side the whole time, he didn't greet people, he just sat in a chair behind me and watch my friends walking in and out of the door. I could tell that he was starting to get bored, I mean I was as well I would rather he be the star of the party and I could just sit expressionless behind in a chair. That would be some much easier then having to plaster this fake smile on my face as people I didn't really like enter my home.

***************

Finally I got sick of greeting people and left with London to go do something more interesting. We headed towards that dance floor, as we stepped out I could feel the eyes of many people watching me, I hated it, but it was my party so I had to tolerate it for a little while before I could disappear back into the shadows. Eventually Mercy came and danced with London who gladly left my two left footed self alone, I was grateful to Mercy, she knew London had a crush on her, but she was always to kind to him.

I moved over to the refreshment table where many of the boys had congregated. They all looked me over as I came towards them, I could feel their eyes on my back as I reached over to grab something from the other side. Just as I had grabbed what I wanted without getting any food on my dress, I felt a pair of hands grab my waist and pull me against their body.