The Start -- Chapter One

Cry’s P.O.V

--------------

“If x equals 23 then you simply need to simplify the equation to find y. Obviously if you can’t deteriorate it quickly by the sights of the equation you can always do it step by step...”

I stared at his lips that seemed to be moving but I had absolutely no idea what was coming out of them. Ransom blather about the math equation, most likely. 

“And if b is the axis for the equation...”

I licked my lips staring intensely at his face as he scribbled down notes into my notebook trying to show me how to solve the equation at hand. But despite his efforts on lifting my grades from my stupid F in math, I simply couldn’t resist wanting to tell him to shut the fuck up and kiss me. But obviously, if I had the balls to do that I would’ve already had him in front of me in a flustered mess.

“You can always try to switch the factors by multiplying but in this case, you can’t really because...”

You see, I, Cryaotic, the mysterious rebel beneath the mask, the most powerful and terrifying thing that roamed high school... 

He had a pathetic crush. And that crush, was on sir Pewdiepie himself.

“And that’s how you find y.”

He turned around to face me with his big doe-like eyes and I immediately blinked rapidly, most likely looking extremely dumbfounded and stupid in front of him. I cleared my throat and scratched my head looking down to my lap as I tried to hide my stupid blush that had formed across my cheeks for no reason. I looked up at him through the two holes in my mask and coughed harshly trying to look casual obviously failing.

Why am I so nervous?

“You have absolutely no idea what I just explained to you for the past 20 minutes, do you?” he said as he glared at me through his framed glasses. I gulped nervously and pulled at the collar of my tight black t-shirt.

“Y-yeah, what are you talking about? I-I get it...” I said my finding my usually deep calm voice wavering slightly as I stared into his mesmerizing sky blue eyes. He placed both hands on his hips, almost sassily, and a bit of his blonde feathery hair fell into his eyes. He sat there glaring at me through those adorable glasses trying to look threatening. He stared me down until I felt uncomfortable and began to squirm under his gaze. Suddenly giving up on trying to look pissed, he groaned in frustration placing his hands over his eyes under his thickly framed glasses rubbing at his sockets tiredly. 

“Cry, we’ve been over this. You need to focus. I have been trying to help you in math but all you do is make this harder for the both of us. You need to man the fuck up,” he said angrily and I sat there a bit surprised at his swear, which he never usually does. I sighed in exasperation rolling my eyes and cracked my neck hearing a satisfying pop. Pewds cringed.

“Okay, listen, I say we take a break. Neither of us like this more than the other, so lets just chill for a bit, okay?” I said trying to compromise with him being blatantly honest. He rolled his eyes at my lazy behavior looking seemingly pissed, but then obliged unwillingly. He grabbed the water bottle from my desk that he had brought with him from school taking a couple of sips as I fiddled with the pencil. I flicked it across the room, hitting something down. I didn’t bother trying to see what it hit. We sat there in awkward silence, waiting for the other to say something. So much for a break...