First Blood

"I hate you!" Anna spits at Elsa. What is she saying? Such words had never and shouldn't ever leave her mouth.
Elsa's horrified look sent Anna's heart deep into the pit of her stomach. But it wasn't Anna. She could have sworn! It wasn't her who was saying those words. Elsa didn't know though, she only knew Anna's mouth was moving and it was her voice; no-one elses.
"You're always busy! You always slam the doors in my face, using your powers as an excuse to leave. Why do you leave?! Why do you get to abandon everything? I'm confused, Elsa! I just..." A hand aggressively slams against her mouth, her heart is pounding with instant remorse. "...Elsa, I'm sorry!" She gasps, but it's too late.
Anna reaches out for Elsa, but her back is already turned to the door. She hasn't said anything in reply, yet Anna knew she was crying. She grasped at her floral uniform and it burns. Not in a thermal way, but in a way where it was so cold it left a burning sensation. Her heart crumples and she lets Elsa go. Just as she always did.

The door slams, only leaving her sisters icy trail that she dared not to follow. Collapsing onto her bed, she sighed, shut her eyes and let the tears gently caress her face.

***

Elsa fixed her posture as she walked down the hall way.
Don't let the guards see it. Don't let the servants feel it, her thoughts were jumbled but her face was plastered with intelligence and false happiness. Why must everyone think she felt nothing? Why must everyone believe she has no soul? Because really, her heart was a mess. She thought everything had gotten better between herself and Anna... But after the Coronation and Hans things got worse.

"Afternoon, your highness. Is there anything you please?" Taken aback, Elsa spins around. She was at the end of the hallway. Her thoughts had made her lose sense of direction. A young man with paper white hair was standing before her, grinning. She didn't recall seeing his face; ever.
"Oh, uh..." She stammers, "no, thank you. Have I ever..?" Her words trail off as she debates the correct terms to use.
"No. I'm new here. Don't you remember calling up for a new servant as one defied orders?" He's still grinning and it almost defrosts that sheet of ice that is once again beginning to form around her heart.
Elsa raises a hand to her head trying to cast her mind back, ultimately getting nothing. He seemed kind enough--- like someone she could trust, so she brushed it off and gave her best smile. "I don't seem to remember." She said.
He frowned and looked down at his feet.
"But, it's probably stress making me forgetful. I sincerely apologise." The strange, yet pristine young man held his palm out before Elsa, just as she had begun to give a small apologetic action. As she stopped mid way, she glanced up in confusion.

"It's okay, Miladー"

"Elsa. I..." She played with her fingers in anxiety, "...prefer Elsa."

He blinked twice before giving the brightest smile she'd seen in weeks--- years even. "Well then, Elsa. There is no need to be sorry... But if you do insist on giving an apology," he adds quickly before she can intervene, "just let loose a little bit and have some fun."
With that, he rushes off. That feeling that Elsa had never felt beforeーthat feeling of a certain happinessー flooded her heart. She stood there in a daze contemplating everything.

That boy with that icy blue eyes, that servant with the smile that won over anything, that boy... That she'd never seen before.

Who was he?

***

He rushed off with no knowing of where he was. After he'd used the snow globe he crash landed on a balcony.

"Jack, wherever you've found yourself; you've got to get back now. The other guardians aren't safe..." He trailed off, remembering why he used the snow globe in the first place.

Pitch had sworn he'd get them back after they'd managed to get every child to believe in them.
They didn't think it would be so soon. Everything was dark. Nightmare. Pitch had kidnapped kids who were strong believers and tried to destroy every little belief that kept them knowing they were real. Not until the Guardians reached his lair in time. They let the kids escape but it wasn't as easy for them.
"Jack, if worst comes to worst..." North whispered into his ear, "use the globe."

"I can't do that. You know I can't!" Jack hisses.

"You have to. We will get out, Jack. But just use the globe in the mean time. Use it and find help!"

Shakily, Jack nods.

"I used the globe." He muttered to himself.
He saw from the corner of his eye a young girl in green climbing off the balcony.
"Excuse me!" He called, suddenly alarmed.
The girl looked down in surprise, "yes?" She said.

"Why are you..?"

"I did something really bad. I meanー I said something really bad and I feel so bad so..."

"So?"

"Can't a girl just climb off a balcony?"

He thought to himself for a minute, "no. Not really."

"Well, agh!" She almost fell, but managed to quickly catch a grip. "See! Look, you're distractー" the young girl takes another glance at Jack, and not recognising his face she exclaimed, "I don't know you."

"Well, that makes two of us." He murmurs. "But please just come back up. Queen Elsa won't be please with a suicide."

"Suicide." She blinks fours times, as if she's lost track of life.

"Actually, I'll come and help you. Yeah that seems like a better idea. Just give me your hand."