𝗤𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗰𝗲 𝗦𝘁𝗶𝗿 𝗙𝗿𝘆

Okay, so the shortcut had a ton of slimes.

And hilichurls who simply watched in confusion as y/n screamed at them about scaring her and how mean they were.

"WHAT'RE YOU LOOKING AT ME FOR, HUH? WHAT'S THE POINT IN ATTACKING US!" y/n screamed at the hilichurls plus the few mitachurls and samachurls.

All of them flinched when y/n grabbed a stick and snapped it in half, pointing one jagged half at the group of monsters, "NOW GO BACK TO MINDING YOUR OWN BUSINESS! SHAME ON YOU FOR ATTACKING US WHEN WE DIDN'T PROVOKE YOU! APOLOGIZE TO AETHER! LOOK WHAT YOU DID TO HIM!"

Aether, who was a little roughed up jolted when she pointed her stick at him, "Y/n, I don't think that's-"

The monsters had already wandered over to Aether, frantically apologizing in their language he'd come to understand a little bit of thanks to some kid in Mondstadt while y/n watched on.

"Wow, Paimon's impressed but also a little terrified." Paimon admitted, "Y/n is scary..."

"Here we are! Liyue Harbor!"

Y/n adorned a happy smile as her and the two travelers got to their destination, "And right before lunch too! Are you guys hungry?"

"I could eat." Aether replied.

"Paimon's hungry! Take us wherever the good food is, y/n!" Paimon chirped.

Y/n chuckled, "How does the Wanmin Restaurant sound? The food there is the best in all of Liyue if you ask me, hehe."

"Well what're we waiting for?" Paimon inquired, "Lead the way already!"

"Right, right, let's go." y/n sighed with a soft smile a she began walking again, "Come to think of it, I never asked. What brings you two to Liyue Harbor?"

"I'm looking for my sister." Aether explained, "We don't look all that different, she wears flowers in her hair, and her hair is kind of lighter than mine. Way shorter too. Have you seen her?"

Y/n pondered for a long moment before shaking her head with a solemn look, "No, I'm sorry. But on the bright side, Aether, you've come at the right time! The Rite of Descension takes place tomorrow. Maybe you'll get to ask Rex Lapis if he knows about your sister then."

"Rex Lapis?" Aether echoed.

"The Geo Archon, he has many names, more than I'd care to remember, but Rex Lapis is the one most commonly used in Liyue." y/n explained, "I advise you refer to him as Rex Lapis while you're here. Though it's completely up to you."

"You seem to know a lot about Liyue." Aether commented and y/n rubbed the back of her neck with a sheepish look.

"I don't know a whole lot... I've only lived here for a couple of months y'know..." y/n replied with a small smile.

"EH!? A COUPLE MONTHS!?" Paimon and Aether demanded, eyes wide.

Y/n covered her mouth, "Did I say that?"

"Yeah, you kinda did." Aether pointed out with an amused look and y/n groaned.

"Ah... right... I did..." y/n murmured then gave Aether a tired smile, "Nevermind that, you guys wanted food, right?"

•••

Y/n waved goodbye to a person after she'd given them that package she'd nearly died protecting while Paimon and Aether were awaiting the food y/n had so generously ordered for them.

Y/n sat down with them, sighing in content. She was glad to have a day full of work finally over, allowing her to rest.

"Y/n, Paimon remembers you mentioning that you've only been in Liyue for a couple of months." Paimon pointed out, "Where are you from?"

Y/n sighed, "I don't wanna talk about it."

"Oh..." Paimon murmured.

Aether blinked when he caught sight of the woman's electro vision. It was just barely visible, embedded into the tsuba of what looked like a katana.

Y/n seemed to notice Aether was looking and gave him a smile, "You've spotted my vision, haha. Is it that interesting?"

"My bad, I didn't mean to stare-" Aether began and y/n shook her head with an amused little smile, e/c eyes tired.

"No worries." y/n assured Aether and her eyes brightened when her food arrived.

"Ooh, yes...!" y/n breathed, eyes sparkling as she stared at the qince stir fry, "We can worry about the Rite stuff tomorrow. For now, we eat! Enjoy the food, you two!"

"Sounds good to Paimon!" Paimon chirped before beginning to eat happily.

Aether gave y/n a thumbs up before they all enjoyed their food, not saying a single word to one another until they finished.

The food was that good.

"About the Rite of Descension..." Aether began after they finished their meal and y/n waved a hand.

"Don't worry about it, I'll take you there! If you meet up with me in this exact spot tomorrow, we can go together!" y/n chimed with a smile, "How about it?"

"Ooo, that'd be great!" Paimon chimed, "Paimon is Aether's guide, but even she doesn't know her way around sometimes. Thanks a ton!"

"Of course!" y/n said as she got up, heaving a sigh, "Alright, let's get you two settled for the evening. There's an inn nearby where you can take a rest."

"Wait, so that means no running around all night?" Paimon breathed and y/n blinked.

"Well... Liyue is a very lovely place in the evening, so feel free to run around if you want, but no. If you don't want to, you can just stay at the inn." y/n laughed, "I'll pay for the meal, then I'll show you the way."

Paimon and Aether let out a simultaneous sigh of relief, "Ahh... what a relief..."

'I get that they're travelers... but surely they'd at least stop to take a rest in the evenings.' y/n thought curiously.

After paying for the meal and escorting the duo to the nearest inn, y/n bade them farewell before beginning her evening tasks. She'd likely go to sleep late, especially with the Rite of Descension set to take place the following day, but that was fine.

As long as she was up in time to assist with the preparations for the Rite, and to go to the inn to guide Aether and Paimon to Yujing Terrace, then it'd be fine.

The stroll through the streets of Liyue was calming. The bustling and chatter of the busy harbor even at night did wonders when it came to y/n's nerves.

She paused, then halted for a moment.

Y/n turned her gaze out to sea, watching it for a while.

As much as Liyue Harbor tended to make y/n feel safe and at ease, there were moments where she needed to take a moment and look out in the direction of the home she'd left behind.

There came a thought, but she turned away before she had time to ponder over it. Still, it was a thought she'd had plenty of times before.

'When will I get to go home?'