After-work snuggles

Kurapika had a rough day at work, and he had had to stay for extra hours, so he had only hoped he would make it home to see his lovely husband waiting for him.

He stumbled over his feet multiple times on his way up the stairs to his apartment, (that of which he had to convince his partner to buy instead of a mansion,) hoping to not trip and break his neck before getting some rest.

When he finally reached the door, he opened it to see Chrollo laying on the couch, peacefully reading a book.

When he was finally noticed, his lover placed a bookmark in his spot and laid the book down on the coffee table in front of the couch.

"Welcome back, sweetie," he said, getting up from his seat and heading over to Kurapika, giving him a light peck on the cheek before pulling him into an embrace, nuzzling into his husbands golden hair, "I see you look as elegant as always."

Kurapika flushed, as usual, at his statement, burying his nose into Chrollo's neck to hide his embarrassment.

"Sorry I had to work overtime today, I know you missed me,"

The raven simply laughed, leaning back and diving down to give the younger another soft kiss. "I most definitely missed you," he stated as he pulled away.

"I'm tired- carry me to bed." Kurapika ordered playfully, smiling sweetly as he wrapped his arms around Chrollo's neck.

"Of course, my queen." His partner teased, lifting him up bridal-style, steadily walking towards the shared bed in one of the rooms, "how else can I serve you, your majesty?" He bowed, showing a smirk as his remark was well received by the other.

"Lay with me." Kurapika said, scooting over to give his lover some room on the comforter. "And snuggle with me as well." He giggled.

Chrollo grinned as he climbed next to the blond, wrapping his arms around his waist and pulling him closer into a kiss.

"You know, you're my favourite queen," the older spoke into the kiss, carefully rubbing circles into his back with his slender fingers.

"And you're my favourite servant."

"Aww, I'm just a servant? Not even a Consort?"

"Nope!" Kurapika laughed, tightening their embrace until they were flush against eachother, his head on Chrollo's chest and Chrollo's chin on his head.

"You're warm..." he heard his partner mumble, feeling his arms curl protectively over his back.

"And you're cold," he replied, "probably because not even I can thaw that ice-cold heart of yours," he joked as he played with Chrollo's short hair instinctively.

"Actually, you thawed me out a few years ago, I think it's just because you left the window open last night," his lover added, smirking into his hair.

"It's your fault for turning the heat up so high when you know I can't figure out how to work the stupid thermo-meter or whatever it's called-" he grumbled, not liking having the blame turned on him.

"And that's your fault for not taking the time to read the manual I leave directly in the closet,"

"Well- its not like I have the time to read it when I'm busy working and cuddling with you-"

"Oh, so now I'm the one to blame for you loving me sooo much you can't read the manual."

"Of course! If you weren't so beautiful, sweet, and perfect, I would've figured out how to do everything I don't already know how to do,"

"But you're so smart, cute, and irresistible I can't hold myself back,"

Kurapika coloured at that remark, cuddling up against Chrollo once more.

"You can't say that..." he mumbled, barely audible.

"Yes, I can, sweetie," Chrollo stated, accepting the cuddle easily.

"Nuh-uh,"

"Uh-huh,"

"Mmnnn..."

At this point, Chrollo could easily tell that his husband was close to falling asleep, so he pulled him into one last, deep, kiss, brushing his hair of his face when they separated.

"I love you, Chrollo..."

"I love you too, Kurapika..."

—-