1. A Fair Trial

I love Levi i can't resist 

Aight, this universe got me fucked up with details so like if anything is cannonically incorrect or it just doesn't add up, just disregard

I don't own Attack on Titan, the characters, the storyline, the world, etc.

also i know this story starts with a long trial but plz bare with me 

This story has me really excited though, hopefully this is the first one i actually finish LMAO *fingers crossed*

Warning: death, pregnancy

-------

It's a nice day on the island, barely any clouds linger. The dead body of a young woman lies on the ground outside of Wall Rose. One eye staring directly into the beaming sun, the other no where to be found as a cavernous wound takes it's place. The abandoned town has been overrun by nature since the titan invasion. Weeds burst through the cracks of neglected cement and tickle the corpse. The area is eerily quiet, only accompanied by bird squawks and low hum of business on the other side of the wall.

A few yards away, the gate separating Trost district and titan territory lifts. A parade of horses run through, quickly fanning out to cover a larger area of land. Men and women wearing the green cape of the Scout Regiment are riding them. Orders are heard being yelled from different sections of the formation.

As the last of them exit the gate, a nervous man in the back of his group quickly scans around, waiting for a titan to jump out. He observes until his gaze finds the body, squinting to get a better look. He isn't close enough to confirm it's human until he forces his horse to trot a foot further. Only then do his eyes widen in realization and he urges his steed to race over. 

Closing the distance he's able to see that the arm of the body is stretched out in his direction, mouth slightly agape, as if to say something.

Were they calling out for me?  He wonders. 

He slows his approach when he catches the state of the body. He breathes in quickly, shutting his lids to purge the gore. "Ah, fuck."

"What the hell are you doing? We're gonna lose the rest of the squad!" The second in command of his squad approaches from behind on their own horse, annoyed.

"Look." Is all he says as his arm slowly lifts to point at the body.

The woman's jaw goes slack at a loss for words. What's normal for the Scout Regiment is finding decomposing bodies and limbs that were left overs from titan feasts. This was far from that, this was a body with a gunshot wound to the head.

"She's in the MP." The woman notes, growing confused.

The man nods in agreement when he confirms that the girl is wearing the Military Police uniform. His head trails from the body all the way to the top of the wall above them, then back to. The other arm was pinned under her torso, while her legs were sprawled out below. One was laying straight while the other was slightly bent at the knee, positioning the ankle underneath the knee of the other. 

"Do you think she fell from all the way up there?" He directs to the second in command. 

She lets out a long breathe she'd been holding in. "No other way with all that blood. But, look at her head. It's a gunshot wound; she was probably dead before she even hit the ground." 

"Yeah. What do we do in this situation? We've began the expedition, do we leave her here?" He asks.

She shakes her head. "No. I'll grab the cart from Hughes and we'll load her on. I'll give you the task of bringing her to the hospital morgue to be identified. She must have family who are worried about her. Something bad happened."