CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

___

Weeks passed since the day I encountered Count Benedict and his daughters. It didn't end up well, but we managed to clean up the mess.

Just like what the Empress has said, she mercilessly announced the Count's execution for attempting to poison a member of the Imperial family.  He ended up hanged, his family has been stripped off their title, while his daughters were sent to the nunnery.

In a blink of an eye, everything ended well. That simple execution of the Count became a warning to every other nobles who have the guts to challenge the Imperial family.

Eldest and I continued our studies as if nothing happened last time. To actually see the Great Eldest flustered because of one compliment, it was really a rare sight to see.

But this time, Eldest showed up with no books in her hands. I raised a brow in confusion.

"Aren't we going to study today? It's still Friday."

She glanced at me before she scoffed. "You've been given three months vacation by the Empress to rest from your studies."

My eyes widen, surprised at the sudden news. I wasn't even aware about it until now. "Really?!"

"Even your brother got a vacation. What's so exciting about it?" She deadpans, waving a hand at me. "All you ever do is stay cramped up in your room or walk around the garden."

I immediately frowned at her comment. Why did she have to describe my routine as if I was an outcast prince?

"What else can I even do?" I asked, slumping down into the couch. "I lived my whole life like this so I know nothing about the outside of the palace."

Eldest stared at me before sighing in disbelief. "Have you forgotten?"

I glanced up to her again. "Forgotten what?"

"Haaa." She held her nape and raised a brow at me. "You're going to have mutual bonding with her majesty and your brother, prince Klydeur."

I blinked my eyes as I tried to process what has been said in mind

I blinked my eyes as I tried to process what has been said in mind. I'm certain I never heard of having bonding moment with the Empress and Klydeur, or maybe it was just announced today and I wasn't informed about it?

"Your highness, have you woken up?" From beside Eldest who's standing by the door, there appeared my nanny with a small smile. "It is time for your bath and breakfast."

I nodded, smiling. "Alright." Standing up from my seat, Jamie and I made our way to the bathroom, leaving a confused Eldest behind.

"Are you still getting helped while taking a bath—"