CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

___

The Empress managed to finish her meeting with the nobles, and the war also came to an end.

To ensure the safety of the empire, the Empress decided to dispose of all the Arhams by using them as a decoy against the Caners. And it did worked! In the end, the result ended up as the Vermillion Empire winning the war. The Caners are definitely in ruins by now.

So far, Eldest and I had a change of pace in studies. She made me focus on memorizing every nobles in the Empire, before learning the political affairs from neighboring countries.

For a 6 year old kid, it was torture. If I didn't even bother telling the Empress about it, I wouldn't have survived.

"Let him choose what he wants to study," The Empress once told Eldest, with me hiding behind to avoid Eldest's glare. "He is still a child, let another year or more to pass before learning trivial matters."

I stick out my tongue towards Eldest, making her look annoyed as she sighed in defeat. "What other choice do I even have? Truly a wonderful mama's boy."

And that comment made me frown as she grinned triumphantly.

In the end, I managed to survive. Klydeur was also quite busy but he wasn't as depressed as me since his lessons aren't as hard as mine. Ofcourse, with his tutor that he calls Ashy, he is always with her so I didn't have much time to see him.

Not like I'm sad about it. It's great. I really didn't like his presence to begin with. Other nobles also started visiting the palace more often, some to make an excuse of greeting me or the Empress, while some are straight-foward with their intentions.

I had no other choice but to accept their request for an audience. Some even brought their daughters or sons for me to meet and befriend. Thankfully, Eldest is always there and Jamie still diligently did her job as my nanny.

And so 4 years passed.

"Your highness!"

I sat on the fountain in our garden as I skimmed through the book's pages. I was already on the list of all the Marquess of the Empire when I recognized the voice that called out to me.

Glancing behind, there I saw three of my nannies running towards my direction. On the lead is Jamie, and behind her is Mia and Ria.

"Your highness, the Count and his daughters are waiting for you at the audience room." Jamie informed with a smile.

I sighed, brushing up my bangs. "Is it time already?"