1.

{Sodapop's POV}

Another day trying to save Ponyboy's ass. I never thought this is what life would be like after mom and dad died but it is. I heard the door slam shut and turned to see Darry dragging Pony Boy in by his collar.
"What happened?" I question.
"He got himself in trouble again," Darry replies.
"How?" I ask.
"He got in a fight with a Soc," Darry says and Ponyboy sits at the table with his head in his hand.
"What about?" I ask.
"He was messing with Johnny," Ponyboy says.
"Ah okay," I say.
"Well I have to shower," I say turning to walk away. I grabbed a towel from the shelf and walked into the bathroom. I shut the door and turned the shower on. I heard the door open and slam shut. I figured it was probably Two Bit and Steve. Steve came over everyday so we could go to work. I liked working at the gas station and it was all worth it so Ponyboy could stay in school. I showered quickly and than got out.
"Pony hand me that towel," I say when I see my brother standing by the mirror. He tosses it to me and I wrap it around myself. I walk out into the kitchen to see Steve and Two Bit.
"Sorry bud, but you have to wear pants. I think there is a law." Steve says leaning against the wall.
"Haha, Darry do you know where my DX shirt is?" I asked holding the towel around my waist.
"I think it's on the bed," Ponyboy answered for Darry.
"Thanks Pony," I say and turn around to walk into me and Ponyboy's shared room. I changed and than walked out to where everyone was when I heard Steve say.
"Hurry up Soda or we'll be late,"
"I'm hurrying I'm hurrying," I say and pull my hat on. Darry was already out the door and Pony and Two Bit were wrestling.
"Hey take it easy on him," I say as he walk towards the door with Steve.
"Oh shush Soda I'll be fine," Pony says standing up brushing his hands over his clothes.
"I just don't my kid brother getting hurt," I argue.
"I won't hurt him I promise Soda," Two Bit says standing up.