Recrudescent Evaluation: The Balance of Fate (Courtly Series #2)

Misplaced Belongings

Chapter 1

There is a world wind of chaos in Damien's room. Curtains torn, feathers from his down pillows floating everywhere, and then there is the blood. Selene's blood splattered everywhere on every single person and every single corner of the room. Selene's face crystal white drenched in tears of the newly reunited couple. Her eyes once a vibrant violet, now a lifeless lavender almost grey in color. Cierra's ocean blue eyes filled with depths and depths of grief, flipped. Something so violent triggered Cierra and now her eyes reflect a horrendous hurricane.  

She untangled herself from Sarah and the newly deceased Selene, whipping toward Damien. Pointing her finger at him shakily she stuttered out.   "Y-you!" Raising her voice she clawed out.   "You did this to my little girl. I just reunite with her and I-I never even got to know her! You will pay for what you have done."   The distraught Damien finally stopped his insane mumbling, looking up frazzled.

"I di-didn't mean to kill her. I couldn't st-"  

"Insolent child, you kill my daughter and you say you didn't mean to, you couldn't stop! How dare you!" Sarah stepped up into a crouch, ready to spring onto her brainwashed prey. When a crash came at the already broken door…

"Now, now children. Let's not fight, wouldn't want anyone to get hurt now would we." The King said with a smirk on his face.  

"Shut up Jeremiah! We all know you set this whole thing up!” Forgetting Damien temporarily. “You have been nothing but trouble from the start; I don’t know what I saw in you when we met.” Growling in anger, the King (Jeremiah) marched right up into Cierra’s face.

“What you saw in me? What about what I saw in you! You led me to believe that you loved me. However a second I turn my back, you were shacking off with sunshine over there. So yes I may have had a hand in this mess, but I wasn’t the one to kill her.”

Everyone laid in silence. No one moved, no one talked, and no one breathed. Until, they heard a loud crash a few distances away from the house. It was the castle, Drake was here. “What the hell is Drake doing here? He is supposed to be in Russia now!” Jeremiah started to panic. He couldn’t let his older brother take over everything he had built.

“This is what happens when two enemies find a greater enemy. I decided to give him a call. We are after all good friends.” Cierra laughs dryly and makes her way back over to Selene’s dead body.

“Bitch! Let’s move out, we have to get to a family reunion.” Jeremiah quickly parades out the room with his guards trailing behind.

With the King gone, it only left a dead body, two angry mothers, and a delusional vampire. Nevertheless, another hour of silence and the two mothers were completely cooled off and ready to grieve the right way.

Sarah jumps up to her feet and gently walks toward Damien.  “Damien, I know you didn’t mean to do it now. I was just grieving… I still am. How ‘bout we all grieve together downstairs so we don’t have to be in this mess, okay?” Damien looks up at her slowly, looking straight into her crystal blue eyes and nods. Holding out a hand, Sarah pulls Damien up and drags him down the stairs together.

“Cierra, are you coming?” Sarah yells half way down the stairs with Damien.

“Yeah, I’m coming.” Stomping down the stairs like nobody’s business.

“Will you keep it down; he just passed out as soon as we reached the couch.” Cierra just shrugged and sat down. Sighing, Sarah starts back up the stairs.

“Where are you going?”  Craning her head to look at her wife at the top of the stairs.

“Just to get Damien a blanket, I’ll be right back.” Walking further out of sight, and leaving Cierra with the teen murderer.

“Great” she mumbled, trying to get a good spot on the couch as she tries not to think about her daughter. Though being a mother, as bad as a mother she was, she couldn’t stop thinking about what happened. What she could have done to save her Selene. What she should have done to be there before she died.

            It was then, and that one time only that she shed a single tear. One time that she let her guard down to feel the pain and the loss she has been keeping from a long time until now. Cierra hit her breaking point. However, no one but the sleeping murderer was here…how ironic. 

            Breaking her out of her dark musings was someone calling her name. “Cierra!” it called again, it was Sarah. Cierra raced up the stairs to the noise and found out that Sarah was in Damien’s room. “Sarah, what’s wrong?”  Noticing the tears pouring down her face as she sobbed over a giant blood puddle.

            “Selene, she’s gone”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it took so long to get out, I just wasn't in the mood to put it out. And I just didn't like the way I wrote it. So if you are reading this now, this is the second book... so check out the first one called Seven Days. It's short so it shouldn't take you long. It is just  so everything will make a little more sense to you when you come back to this one. However, if you already read the first one, thanks for sticking with me, and see you next chapter.