Supernatural romance

Malevolent Hall 1666AD 

Contains some adult scenes and strong language

Copyright ? Rosemary L Lynch 01/10/2013 

www.rosemary-lynch.weebly.com

Cover art by Rosemary L Lynch 

Photos courtesy of Shutterstock

 All Rights Reserved 

No part of this book may be reproduced in any form, by photocopying or by any electronic or mechanical means. This includes information storage or retrieval systems, or given free without permission from both the copyright owner and the publisher of this book.

All places and names within this book are fictitious and any resemblance to places or persons either living or deceased is purely coincidental

 I hope you enjoy... but remember...

'They're always watching - death is just the beginning.'

Chapter One 

As Matilda cruised down the last stretch of country road, the sky was dark and heavy with ominous rainclouds. Mirrored either side by ancient oaks their autumnal leaves drifted like snow across the front of her van and deposited on the windscreen. She flicked on her wipers in an attempt to clear her vision. 

"You have arrived at your destination," her sat-nav announced. 

"Great," Matilda muttered, indicating right and pulling into the start of the drive. Stopping in front of the iron gates that blocked her way, Matilda turned off the engine, pulled up the handbrake and stared at the stone pillars framing the entrance to Malevolent Hall. It had taken her three years to build the courage to get this far. The hairs rose on her arms and her stomach churned in dread as covered head to toe in ivy and creepers she could hardly see the ten-foot, block-stone wall encircling the entire estate. 

Taking a determined breath, and grabbing her handbag from the passenger seat, she opened it and took out a small key. Opening the van door, she jumped out and as her feet hit the ground, a sudden rush of wind caught her long, dark hair and swept it in the air. Her heart skipped a beat, her body shivered, and her eyes glanced nervously in every direction. 

"It just the wind, get a grip, Tilly," she said, shaking her head, and scolding herself. "You can do this," she muttered approaching the gates pensively. Peering through the wrought iron bars, her eyes searched from one side of the drive to the other. The thick woods surrounding the Hall seemed even denser than she remembered. Her eyes lifted to the squawking of the rooks gathering in the trees above her. With a bad feeling niggling in her gut, they were just adding to her state of unease. 

Her leather-gloved hand trembled slightly as brushing away eleven years of grime and muck, her eyes settled on the old sign. 

"Malevolent Hall 1666AD," she read, and as the words rolled off her tongue, an involuntary shudder rippled through her body. 

Eleven years later, Matilda saw the irony of the name and the numbers and after everything that happened here, there was one thing she knew for sure, she was going change its hellish name. 

She put the key in the padlock, and after a wiggling it a little, it opened, and she removed it. With the lock in one hand, her other held the iron bar of the gate, and her mind went back eleven years. Tears welled in her eyes, and blinking, they ran cold down her cheeks. 

"What the hell am I doing here," she mumbled, lifting her hand and wiping them away as the memories of her past came flooding back.