Chapter 16

There's a little bit of sexual content in this chapter. HAHA, enjoy :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jen's POV

Josh and I made our way back to the meadow since the game was already over. I was still so numb from what happened. I still can't bring myself to believe it. Josh still had his arm around me. It felt so warm and comforting.

"Alright, so the winner is Keith's group!" the teacher announced. Keith's just this random jock who's in the same group as me. He came towards me and was about to hug me but Josh moved me so that I was behind him. Tsk, possesive and protective Josh.

Keith then huffed and walked away while winking at me. I shuddered, and not in a good way. Josh just glared at him.

"The sun is going down. I need you to set up a fire for your group."

We followed the teachers intructions. Josh kissed me gently on the forehead and it sent tingles down my spine. I then followed my group to go set up a fire.

The sun went down relatively quickly and now it was night. But my group still hasn't set up a fire. All the wood that we found were damp. All the dry wood could only be found deeper in the forest. There were plenty of dry wood nearby before but the other groups took it all.

"O.M.G, Jen. Could you, like, make yourself useful and go get some wood already?" one of the group members ordered in a bitchy tone.

I sighed. What do you think I've been trying to do this whole time? I thought.
I nodded my head then headed into the forest in search for wood. It was so dark, I couldn't see a thing. I should've brought along my phone or something. Now, I'm just lost. I've been walking aimlessly for about 30 minutes now. Maybe even longer. I was starting to panic but I didn't dare to call out for help.

My breathing became more sharp. Suddenly, I tripped on a branch. I grazed my elbows and knees pretty badly. I bit my lip and scrambled back up. The forest was unsettling. It's as if someone's watching me this whole time. I began looking around, not sure what I was looking for until I heard a rustling noise from behind me.

I froze completely. The rustling noise got louder. It was heading towards me. Suddenly, someone or something grabbed my wrist and I gasped and almost screamed my lungs out.

I stared at the person who held my wrist. He was holding his phone in one hand and the flashlight on his phone was on. I was so shocked, my knees felt weak and I fell to the ground on my injured knees.

Josh's POV

I successfully managed to sneak past the teacher to go visit Jen. I was just so worried about her. I guess it's the fact that she's my mate.

I approached their tent area which was dark, they haven't set up the fire yet. I looked around at everyone but Jen wasn't there.

"Dean, have you seen Jen?" I questioned.

"Nah man, ask Keith or his girl."

Everyone in this group were laughing and having a good time. No one seemed to notice that Jen was gone. This just made my blood boil even more. I stormed over to Keith. How could anyone let Jen go missing like this?

I grabbed his arm and turned him so that I could glare right in his damn face.  "Where the hell's Jen?" I interogated.

"Chill, okay. Here, have some beer-"

I knocked the beer out of his hands. "I'm not going to 'chill'," I growled.

Everyone fell silent. Keith snarled then glared at me.