𝟖-The Kobayashi Maru

The girl's friends might not have noticed Georgie's change of appearance on the previous night, but the next day wasn't the same story. Ena had been the first to notice the youngest McCoy's big hickey. Of course, she had inquired who had done that. The only problem in it was that Georgie didn't remember a single thing of what happened the last night. She didn't even remeber getting a hickey in the first place, how would she remember who made it? It had displeased her roommate, but she had to go with it because she didn't remember the last night either. 

Ena and Georgie had decided to stay home to recover, even though the Vulcan was not as affected as her human friend. They had settled to play UNO, the only physical card game they possessed. This was rather interesting to watch them play, as they had changed the rule to make them even more offensive, leading to funny situations. Once, the youngest McCoy had thrown a pillow in her friend's face - she didn't take losing the best way - almost leading her to be Vulcan pinched. This time, they had less energy. Both of them were sad about the alien siblings departing to their home planet three days after. 

What was not expected, however, was for a disheveled Jim to come with another clever idea of his. Hungover Kirk ws like this: coming up with ideas, all crazier than the previous one. It was almost funny, sometimes. They had already made a real mini volcano, created a flying car out of parts from an old vintage earth car, explored San Francisco at night, illegally climbed on the top of the highest building of the Starfleet headquarters, sneaked into the instructors building - with a lot of help from Leonard and his special pass - stole one or two things from the biggest bullies of the Academy and drew a huge cupcake on the face of a guy Jim had fought against before he enlisted. But this day, James Tiberius Kirk had came out with an even more clever, cunning, and mischievous idea. Cheat on the Kobayashi Maru. He didn't know who was the programmer of the test, but, thankfully for him, Georgie McCoy did. It was a shame she didn't remember what happened at the bar. She would have been blushing furiously even at the indirect mention of her maths instructor. But she did not remember, so she still thought he was being a prick, and was ready to get her well-deserved (not so well-deserved if she was being honest, but she was not) revenge. 

And this revenge was going to start by hacking the very test the commander had made. She flopped on her chair, behind her computer, and started to work immediately. Firstly, she had to get through the coding of the test. Unfortunately for her, a part of it was in Vulcan. Of course, Spock knew that writing a part of the programm of his test in his mother tongue would discourage a lot of students from cheating. But the chestnut haired cadet was determined, and she had a Vulcan right next to her, ready to decipher the anguage for her. This part took almost all of the day. It was a hard work, because each part in Vulcan was made of complex calculations that Ena didn't know about, as she hadn't been teached elective maths at all. At the end, they had went through almost all of the easiest part. Now, she would have to create a subroutine. Changing the code directly would take longer, and the test was in four days. Also, a subroutine was harder to detect than purely changing the programm. She worked on that all the night, and the three nights after. He might not have thought about the eventuality of having her going through his coding process, as he had intregrated the equations she had solved with Sol. He was totally out of his mind if he was thinking she would not recognize her own calculations in the program. The only thing she had to do was to change the result. And this was it, she had finally allowed her subroutine to play its part on the fateful day Jim Kirk would take the test for the third time. 

After that, Ena and Georgie had went out together. Both of them needed and deserved a break in their hectic week, and were going to get it in the cafe they had been in september, months ago, when they had started their year. The chestnut haired woman felt like it had been centuries since that moment. Everything had changed since then and it felt rather strange. Both of them chatted happily, elated that they could spend time alone together. It was getting rarer. Uhura and her were supposed to graduate on Friday, the day the Vulcan woman would leave for her home planet. She told her best friend that she was disappointed but that she would send her to retrieve her diploma and insigna. They enjoyed their coffees, and their mindless chatter. It was always like this for Georgie and Ena. They talked together about everything and anything. They never ran out of things to speak about. It was crazy how they seemed to know everythng about the other's taste. What they preferred and what they hated. It was funny seeing them interact, seeing them be... well, them.