𝟔-Merry Christmas!

Christmas had been really great for Georgie. She had spent it with her father and brother, watching silly old Christmas movies, or re-runs of their favorite series. They had eaten a lot of Christmas food, and gotten the others the silliest gifts possible, except for one. It had always been a tradition. They made one serious gift and the others were always jokes. They never stopped doing that, even after the passing of Eleanora, Leonard and Georgie's mother. The siblings had seen their grandparents as well, and had enjoyed their stay a lot. The only black dot had been Leo's ex-wife, Emma, trying to come back for him. She had met an upset-looking Georgie at the door and had not stayed for long. The youngest McCoy may have been small, she was terrifying when angry. Apart of that, the week she had spent in Georgia had been wonderful. She missed this place dearly everytime, and going back always made her nostalgic of easier times. When Jim, Ena, Sol and Nyota had spent one month of their vacation with the McCoy siblings, enjoying the warmth and the lakes of the south, and the girl's best friend joked about her name (he had made this classical "you live in Georgia and are called Georgie, where was the inspiration?").
But for the second week of the holidays, she would be alone, including New Year's Eve, which was precisely this evening. Leonard was with Jim on a road trip. After all, it was a complicated period for their sandy haired friend, for who Christmas was a cruel reminder that his father was long gone. Sol and Ena went back to Vulcan, and Nyota was with them, Sol wanting her to meet his parents and friends back there. That is why it was possible to see Georgie come back to building D in San Francisco, Starfleet's Headquarters, carrying too heavy looking cases. She settled her stuff in her room, before watching several Christmas movies. Even if it wasn't exactly the same ambience at home, it felt like it. Buried under two comfy and fluffy blankets, eating snacks, the only things missing for Georgie were his brother and dad. She missed them already and was kind of sad to be alone now. After all, she missed her mother dearly and New Year's Eve had always been a moment they spent alone together, enjoying whatever they wanted to do. This tradition had been gone since, and she had spent most of these nights getting drunk in bars, trying to forget the loss and drown her feelings. Tonight would be no different, she thought.
When 2100 hours rang, she got into her comfiest pull over, which was handmade in wool, in a deep green tone. She slid on a pair of jeans, a warm parka and a wool beanie, before getting out. She walked in town for a while, before going to the downtown of San Francisco, where she was almost certain of seeing no one from the Academy. It was a night that she wanted to spend alone, not surrounded by other cadets.
This explained her surprise when she - again - collided in a chest that could only belong to one person: her maths professor, Spock. For once, he did not make a sarcastic comment. It was maybe because it was visible on the woman's face that it was a difficult day for her. He kindly stared at her as she weakly apologized. For once, he didn't answer, and just grabbed her wrist, turning green in the process, dragging her towards a place she knew nothing about. After a while, and without knowing she fully knew what it meant, Spock stopped dragging her by her wrist and either took her hand in his. They made their way to the destination the professor had set for them, in a comfortable silence.

They finally came to a stop into a great garden. The park was peaceful, and flowers were able to be seen in the dark, almost glowing. Georgie looked at them, curiosity in her eyes.

"Moon lilies, the most beautiful flowers I have ever seen on Earth. They grow on Vulcan too, and only blossom at the light of a full moon."

Spock had finally talked. His tone was still monotonous, but it was kinder, softer than it usually was when talking to his insubordinate student.

"They are incredible, that's for sure."

"What were you doing in this part of the town this late, cadet?"

"I could ask you the same question, professor. But as a serious answer, I wanted to drown myself in alcohol until I wouldn't remember this night anymore tomorrow morning."