𝟓-An eventful day

Fortunately for Georgie, the end of the month, and the month after that had been pretty calm. She had settled to a comfortable routine, and she was content with that.
That was until an overly excited Ena woke her up to early for her liking on a Saturday morning.

"What?"

Had grumbled Georgie, who was already annoyed.

"There is a Vulcan delegation coming today, my mother is part of it, I want you to meet her!"

To say the human was surprised was a euphemism. She didn't think Ena would be confident enough to have her meet her mother... but it was pleasant to know that she actually wanted her best friend to meet her family. On top of that, Georgie made a good impression to Vulcans, so it would be quite easy for this to go smoothly. That is why she got up to get dressed, ready to meet her best friend's mother.
After half an hour of getting ready, the roommates headed out of their place to go meet the Vulcan delegation. It was not long before the duo was able to see them. After all, they were the only people in the campus to not be dressed into formal uniforms. As they approached them, Georgie could feel herself grow more and more nervous, she took a deep breath to stay calm, and followed Ena, who was walking confidently towards her elders and former comrades. The Vulcans finally saw the duo, and one of them, a woman with graying hair, raised an eyebrow. She had the same ocean blue eyes than Ena and the same nose and high cheekbones Sol possessed. It could only be one person: their mother. She looked at her daughter and the newcomer emotionless, but Georgie could decipher the hint of curiosity buried deep inside her eyes.
After all this time spent with her son and daughter, and with Spock, the youngest McCoy had finally learnt how to read their eyes, and could tell the slightest hints of emotions inside them.

"Ena."

It was the woman's voice who had spoken.

"Mother", she answered. "May I introduce you my roommate, and best friend here on Earth, Georgie McCoy?"

"You may. Nice to meet you, miss McCoy."

"Nice to meet you too, ma'am."

Ena's mother looked pleased as Georgie bowed her head slightly in respect. This gesture made almost all the Vulcans near enough raise an eyebrow. One of them though wasn't raising it out of sheer curiosity but because the name was familiar. While all the others wondered how the earth girl knew that much about Vulcan customs, this one wondered why his son found her this disrespectful. It hadn't been long since Sarek had recognized the name of the girl his son Spock spoke so little of. In his eyes, she was charming and knew how to behave properly– that might be the effect she had on Vulcans, who know? – and seemed really smart. Alaa, Ena's mother, seemed to think the same thing, as she said:

"You might call me Alaa, miss McCoy."

The young woman nodded respectfully again, before Alaa's attention went back to her daughter.

"You have gotten yourself a very charming best friend, I hope you will be able to keep her, daughter."

"Yes, mother."

''Couls you two show us around, by any chance? Captain Pike, who was supposed to lead us to Admiral Barnett, is too sick to report to duty."

It was another voice that had spoken, this time. It was a man, who already had grey hair, and seemed severe and serious. But it wasn't his behaviour or posture that striked Georgie first, it was his eyes. They were the exact same eyes her insufferable maths teacher had. That would mean she was in front of the Earth ambassador on Vulcan, Sarek.