Lynx's Younger Sister (Part 1)

The young girl was soundly awoken, she raised a hand to notice her limbs feeling heavy. She opened her restless eyes to an unfamiliar environment.

The walls were plastered, and vivid light shined through the only built window in the cramped room. The girl shut her eyes, unsettled at the sight.

'Where am I?'

The first thought made it's way into her blurry mind. She was confused, this wasn't how her house looked and by the wave of intense sunlight, this wasn't her town.

She shook her head, and slapped her cheeks. She needed to wake up, she drowsily collapsed out of bed and attempted to stand up.

She turned her head, finding her figure in the mirror. It was her body, not someone else's. She saw herself in such detail she denied the fact that she was dreaming.

There was a knock at the door. It sounded hefty, and she heard a masculine voice take a deep breath. He sounded conflicted, like a stir of emotions were washing through him.

The girl neared the door cautiously, her baggy t-shirt hanging off her shoulder slightly. She mumbled something inaudible. Obviously out of a sort of confusion.

She reached for the knob, but heard the footsteps retreat heavily. A grumble laced with pain, she didn't know why but just hearing his made her heart ache.

"W-Wait!"

The girl swung open the door, in a panic. He turned around with a look of shock on his face, she didn't get a time to react to this stranger. He had pulled her into a strong hug.

She felt confused, but she fit perfectly into his arms. Her eyes wide, she saw a shimmer in his blond hair. Dull streaks left a reminder of the tragedy of life.

He pulled back, and brought up his hands to cup her face. His eyes were glossy, a definition for jade. They were deep and sorrowful, but they looked at the girl with such desperation.

"I found you."

He felt familiar, she doesn't know where she had heard him. But she felt an automatic connection to this stranger.

Something clicked in her mind. A flood of memories overwhelmed her. She shook for a quick second, but looked back up to this boy.

"A-Ash...?"

The boy loosened his grip on the young girl. Nodding as he gave her a kind smile. He parted his lips to speech but he was cut off.

"The Lynx's little sister, in the flesh!"

A tall chinese man, with frizzed purple hair walked towards us from a cyan tinted truck. A nervous looking japanese boy followed calling after him.

Ash gave the taller man a death stare. Taking ahold of my hand, in a protective manner. I glanced up at Ash, and then turned my eyes over to the truck. Which had a group of men looking apprehensively at the scene.

'Sister?'

The girl questioned to herself.

'Is this why I felt a sense of familiarity?'

Most of her memories were blurry, she couldn't even remember how she knew this stranger's name.

"Shorter, I asked you to let me handle this."

Ash sighed in embarrassment, as the younger girl watched a bit confounded on these new people.

"You even dragged Eiji along too."

Eiji was quick to apologize, while Shorter just played off the seriousness. The girl stood there slightly guarded behind Ash.

"I'm really sorry you must be confused, I'm Eiji!"

The boy said in words coated with a light accent. The japanese boy then proceeded to give her a very bright smile. Shorter chuckled as he ruffled his hair.

"I'm Shorter! You must be Ash's little sis, I'm his best friend!"

Ash let out a annoyed groan, and the girl let out a small laugh.

"I actually... didn't know I had a brother. I'm sorry..."

The girl was sure of that, although she couldn't shake off the feeling that she knew these people. Their voices, even their stances all felt so recognizable.

"Jim didn't tell you either, huh?"

Ash took a breath, overwhelmed with how it all played out. After he heard about the girl, the last family he had, kept hidden from him. He didn't even get a moment to feel angry. He rushed out of the diner without second thought.

The girl shook her head, as she stared at ash. Conflict running through his eyes, she noticed they had shifted a little darker. His fists had become clenched.

"Ash..."

Eiji reached out to Ash's arm, and caressed him softly. Giving him a sympathetic glance, enabling the boy to calm down.

"Jim... our father, abandoned you after our mother died. He didn't want to face his guilt, because you had started to resemble her."

The girl took a few seconds to understand what that meant. She nodded, giving a pained smile. Ash saw this clearly, but he was glad he would now be able to be there for her.

"Geez, life really is a bitch."

Shorter groaned, lightening up the atmosphere giving a cocky smile to her. She gave out a laugh, already getting used to this company.

"Can we come out now...?"

Two older men stepped out of the truck, giving an uneasy glance to Ash. One resembled Eiji a slight bit, but much older with a deep brown hair color. The other man looked large and goofy, with loyal blue eyes.

"W-We are bringing this kid with us?"

Max pointed at the girl in a little bit of a shock, she was significantly smaller in comparison to these men. She was a bit frail looking as well.

"I'm not a kid. My name is Y/N. I'm 15."

The girl pouted, getting a amused chuckle from Eiji.

"15?!"

Max and Shorter gasped in unison.

"Oh god please forgive me, erase all those dirty thoughts i've had about this minor."

Shorter's mumbling in the background came out clearer then expected. Earning a strong hit on the head by Ash.

"Oh shut up! I'm turning 16 soon!"

Shorter started laughing a small bit, rubbing his head from where Ash had hit him. No one would've been surprised if he had started bleeding or passed out.

"Ash, Y/N  is quite the tsundere, just like you!"

Ash and Shorter had begun to go at it, leaving a very adored Eiji stroking Y/N's hair telling her sweet compliments.

(We love Eiji)