one

Summer, where the sun over warms your skin. The weather in which you can go swimming, to the beach, hang with friends, go to different states, and get tanned.

But for Cynthia, summer was meant for stress and tiring days. Cynthia spent most of her summers working and helping her mom out with her siblings and the house.

Cynthia worked in a well paying restaurants everyday expect Sundays because it was closed. The customers were mostly rude. They would make feel Cynthia feel bad because she was a girl and young. They would throw stuff at her or blame her for stuff. And Cynthia would just stay quiet. She couldn't loose her job. Not right now.

Cynthia just wanted her siblings to have a good house and a good childhood. She didn't want them to be missing anything.

Everyday after work she would drive around listening to her music. She didn't care what weather it was. It was a way for her not to loose her mind and stay calm and in peace.

This meant that each night she went to her local 7-11, she went to get her go usual. Her slushee. Every now and then she got different flavors, but her favorite at the moment was the cherry one. Sometimes she would get a hot dog or nachos and some chips.

" Hey Cynthia!" said the worker who was mostly there for night shifts.

"helloooo matt," she replied back.

"usual?" he asks and she nods, "can i also get a slice of that pizza? it looks really good!"

he nodded and served it for her while she got her slushee, "new item huh?" she nodded and gave him the money.

"goodnight matt!" she told him.
"goodnight! stay safe."