Spirit of The Glass

"Jessy!" Veronica shouted. "Hi!" I said, as I was approaching her. Well, today is my first day of being a college student. And this is a new experience.

High school is the place where fun and great things happen to you, they say. But for me, not really. I thought middle school was the worst place I knew, but I was wrong. High school is a lot more worse than middle school, this is where bullies', witnesses', sluts', nerds', and normal students' worlds merge. It's a whole different place. I'm so glad that I'm out of there now.

My best friend over here, she's been my best friend since high school, is still madly in love with Harry, the one and only drummer of our school's band, when we were in high school. Luckily for her, Harry's still our classmate. It's funny how Veronica stares at Harry when he enters the classroom. I really don't know why she's in love with a play boy. Every student in school knows it! But, still many girls like him.

Lets skip to the time when Veronica was asked out by Harry. I know, she's really lucky. She told me to go to her house after school to help her prepare for their date with Harry.

"Veronica?" I called. Geez, her house is so quiet as always. Since we were in seventh grade, this house had always creeped me out. "Oh. Hey, Jessy." We were about to go upstairs when suddenly I heard the screeching of tires of Harry's car. "Such a big head" I told myself.

Veronica hurried to the door and found Harry standing in front of her, in his hands were flowers for her. "Harry, you're so early. I'm not yet ready. But, if you could wait for, maybe 10 minutes. I'll be ready by then." Veronica told him .. "Oh. Yeah, sure." Harry replied.

"Don't just stand there. Come on, Best. What am I going to wear?" she asked me while she's checking out some of her glamorous dress in her closet. "Well, wear something you normally wear. Don't wear something special. I know he'll love the normal you. Nothing new. Just you." .. "Aw, Jessy. You're the best!"

"Please take care of the house for me. I'll be back soon. Okay?" .. I can't say no to her 'cause she's my best friend. 'Bye! Hope you'll enjoy the night with him." ..

Here I am, alone in this creepy house. I wonder how Veronica can stay here alone. Of course, this is her house since birth. She's used to it.

"Veronica?" I called out. I checked the clock and it was past ten o'clock pm, it has been two hours since Veronica and Harry left. I didn't know I was sleeping the whole time they were gone. "Veronica, how did it go?" I asked. Hmm, that's awkward, I didn't get any reply from her. Creek! "Veronica, is that you?" .. Why would Veronica be at the attic, she hates dusty place.

"Hope you enjoyed, Good night." I heard Harry's voice by the door. "I sure did. Good night Harry." .... "Jessy! I'm back." I saw Veronica happily entered the house. "Veronica? But, I thought you were..." Veronica interrupted "This is such a wonderful night!" Well, guess it's just the wind that made the old wooden floor creek. Veronica told me to stay for the night at their house for its already past ten pm.

"Veronica! We'll be late for school! Come on, wake up." I can see that she's tired because of last night. "I'm gonna go ahead of you. Bye!" I never want to be late for my first period class.

Veronica, I wonder what happened to that girl. She didn't attend class today. I'm worried and so, i went to their house. "Hello? Veronica, It's me Jessy. Mind if I go in?" ... Well, silence means yes, they say. "Dear Jessy.." I found a letter for me on her bed. "I knew that you'd come hear. Don't worry, I'm okay. I just don't feel going to school today. And oh, Harry invited me to have a short vacation with him at their family's rest house. Could you please watch the house for me? I know I've asked too much from you already but, I hope you understand. Love, Veronica"