Drop Dead

Part 1

Madeline Walker stared at her departing roommate with heavy hooded eyes as Sarah, the roommate, struggled to get the two big suitcases out of the door. She was going home for the holiday.

"Aren't you going to help me?" Sarah asked, putting down one duffel bag with a huff. She looked at Madeline pointedly.

Madeline pretended to think about it for a second until she shook her head non chalantly, digging in her bowl of popcorn. "I have my warmy socks on and getting up to help you will just ruin the moment,not to mention it - a great inconvenience," was her blunt reply.

"So, that's a no."

Completely unfazed by her best friend's straight forwardness, Sarah had managed to tossed the remaining baggage into the trunk of her red Camaro. Sarah walked back to the dorm room to check if she forgot anything.

"Are you sure you don't want to go out?" Sarah asked Madeline.

Madeline, to put it bluntly, was an introvert. She was always inside the dorm, reading or playing those game consoles that Sarah eyed with disdain since she couldn't watch re-runs of Marimar; a Mexican drama that was quite popular when she was a kid, a show that brings back memories which were buried along with her childhood. Not to mention she had this weird fetish of eating her best friends cold hidden cheese wiz and her weird habit of chewing almost everything whenever she's nervous.

There were a lot of faults that she can list down, but if she were to be given with a million dollars in exchange for the socially inept girl, she will gladly refuse the offer and live with a straightforward, perverse Madeline Walker. She was that good of a friend, despite of her quirks.

"Do I look like I want to go out? And besides, tomorrow is the end of the world. Some men-or women, in my case- just want to see the world burn," Madeline smirked, she knew how Sarah gets irked by those internet phrases, and Madeline being Madeline, memorized all of it and wouldn't talk to her without slipping a few lines.

Sarah frowned disapprovingly.

"That Mayan calendar is crap. You shouldn't believe in those stuffs- I mean, God doesn't want us to die." Madeline believing those end of the world stories was no biggie. She's a weirdo after all.

"So, you buddy buddy with the boss up there, huh?" She said, chewing a popcorn slyly.

"You are such a freak," Sarah tutted, "and no one has ever seen his face!"

"Yeah, that's cause they're dead, or they must have taken the detour and ended up in the purgatory . . . hmmm. . . interesting . . . So that is why there's a purgatory. . ." Madeline was cocooned inside her world again and Sarah saw this as a chance to escape.

Madeline saw Sarah slipping away from the corner of her eye. "Hey! Don't blame me when somebody finds me dead from choking popcorn!"

"Get real! Only an idiot would die from choking on a popcorn."

"I'm not that big of an idiot." She murmured to herself.

**

By twelve twenty three, a Madeline Walker was found dead in her dorm room. Apparently, the victim choked on her popcorn, blocking her airway thus enabling her from breathing.

Her last thoughts were, "I'm dying . . . But I'm not an idiot."

___

Not edited........ pffffffffffffttt. Merry Christmasssssssssssssttttthhhhhhhhhh..

______