Chapter 1

It was finally the weekend, and Dani arrived at the Whitly Estate with Edrisa and Tally to pick up Jessica, Ainsley, Birdie, Sarah, and Maya before their appointment at the bridal shop.

"Dani!" Maya said excitedly as she ran over to Dani and wrapped her arms tight around her legs when she walked into the Whitly Estate.

"Maya, hey cutie pie," Dani said as she picked up Maya, "How are you? I've missed you."

Maya giggled as she wrapped her arms around Dani's neck, giving her a big hug, "I good. I missed you too."

"Who's this little cutie?" Tally asked as she smiled at Dani and Maya.

"This is Maya, she's gonna be mine and Malcolm's flower girl," Dani said as Jessica, Ainsley, Birdie, and Sarah joined them in the front foyer.

"Are we ready to go dress shopping?" Jessica asked as she grabbed her purse.

Dani nodded as she passed Maya to Sarah, "Yeah, did we want to take two different cars or all go together?" She asked as they left walked out the door.

"I already had Adolpho bring the limo around," Jessica said as she locked the house when they all got outside, "I figured it would be easier if we all went together."

As Jessica finished unlocking the door, Adolpho pulled up and got out to open the door for the ladies and they climbed into the limo.

Once they got to the bridal shop, Ainsley led the girls into the shop and up to the front desk.

"We have a bridal party appointment, bride's name is Dani Powell," Ainsley said as she wrapped her arm around Dani.

The receptionist nodded as she checked their appointment logs for their appointment.

"Which one of you is the bride to be?" She asked as she grabbed a bin off the shelf behind her.

"That would be me," Dani said with a smile and the receptionist handed her a sash that said 'Bride To Be' in glittery silver letters.

"If you ladies can follow me, I'll bring you to your bridal party room and then we can go over what you had in mind for your dress as well as take measurements so that we can make sure we get you the right size." The receptionist said as she led them towards the back of the store.

Once they were in the bridal party room that was booked for them, the receptionist set the bin down on a table that was beside a couch in the middle of the room and walked over to a curtain, opening it to reveal the change room.

"I have some photos on my phone of some of the dresses that Dani likes," Ainsley said to the receptionist as she was taking Dani's measurements.

After the receptionist finished writing down the measurements she had taken, she walked over to Ainsley, "Why don't you and I go get the dresses if we have them, while Dani goes into the change room to get ready to try on the dresses."

When Ainsley and the receptionist left, Dani walked into the change room and closed the curtain before stripping down to her bra and underwear, and putting on the dress slip that the receptionist had left in the change room for her.

"Dani! We found it! We found the perfect dress!" Ainsley said excitedly as she passed the dress to Dani through the curtain.

Dani smiled as she took the dress and tried it on. The dress that Ainsley had given her had a heart-shaped, off-the-shoulder, lace bodice and a flowing skirt. After she had put it on, Dani stepped out of the change room to show off the dress that Ainsley had picked out.

"Dani, you look absolutely stunning!" Jessica said with a smile as she looked at her future daughter-in-law.

"You look absolutely gorgeous, but before you decide if you want this dress, keep in mind that I saw some white formal rompers as we came in." Birdie said to Dani, remembering that she hadn't worn a lot of dresses during Richard's wedding week.

"I absolutely love this dress," Dani said with a huge smile on her face, "I want to send a picture to Malcolm but I left my phone in the change room."

"Forget sending him a picture, I'll text him our location so he can come see it in person," Ainsley said as she pulled out her phone to text her brother.

Jessica shook her head, "Ainsley, your brother is out tuxedo shopping with JT, Gil, and Nathan." She said trying to prevent her daughter from texting Malcolm.

Ainsley shrugged as she stood up after texting her brother, "Malcolm said they're finished and on their way," She said as she picked up Maya, "In the meantime, Maya and I are going to go look for our dresses."

Jessica sighed as Edrisa, Tally, Birdie, and Sarah left to go look for their dresses, leaving Dani and Jessica together.

"I've been told she gets her stubbornness from me," Jessica said to Dani as Dani sat down on the couch beside her.

Dani chuckled at Jessica's comment, "Why don't you do pick out your dress for the wedding? I'll wait here for the boys." She suggested.

"Are you sure?" Jessica asked as she took Dani's hand in hers, "I wouldn't want to leave you sitting here alone."

Dani smiled at her future mother-in-law, "I've been a bit curious about what all is in the bin that the receptionist gave us." She said with a chuckle as Jessica put the Bride-To-Be sash on her.

"Alright, I'll go find my dress for your wedding," Jessica said as she stood up & left the room, leaving Dani sitting alone to go through the bin that she had moved from the end table.

After a few minutes, the receptionist led Malcolm, JT, Gil, and Nathan to the bridal party room the girls were using, before going back to the front desk.

"Dani, you look... wow..." Malcolm said when he saw Dani standing in the middle of the room in her wedding dress.

Dani smiled and blushed at Malcolm's reaction to seeing her wedding dress.

"Did the others ditch you?" JT asked as Tally returned to the room to try on her outfit.

"We went to pick out our dresses for the wedding, though I chose something better," Tally said before stepping into the change room to change.

When Tally stepped out of the change room, she was wearing a red one-sleeved romper.

"Damn, look at my gorgeous wife," JT said with a huge smile when he saw his wife, "Take notes Bright, You'll want to hype up Dani and her outfits a lot, no matter what she's wearing."

Dani and Tally looked at each other and rolled their eyes at JT's comment to Malcolm as the other girls made their way back into the room and took turns using the change room to trying on the outfits they picked out.