Chapter 1

As I wondered the slums of what used to be Chicago, I wondered how I came to this life. My name is Angel, I had a last name but I don't remember it. I'm a Hoshi a superhuman. I live on the streets of a once beautiful city. I have nothing but the clothes on my back. I have no home that was taken away from me when I was young. I have no family because I was disowned by them for being what I am. I wondered through the streets alone and hungry. I don't remember when the last time I have ate, its been that long.

It's getting dark out so I looked for a place to sleep for the night. In the slums there is always a place to sleep because of all the abandoned buildings. You just choose one and sleep, some have made permonent homes out of them, but not me I keep moving. I don't know what I'm looking for, or why I keep moving, I just feel that I'm getting close, close to what I don't know.

I found a abandoned apartment next to a park. As I walked in I found that the door to my left was unlocked so I when in. I found that it had a bed and I crashed for the night.

****†*****†*****†*****†*****†*****†*****†*****†*****†*****†*****†*****†*****†*****†*****†*****†*****†*****†***

The next morning I walk up and kept moving. I walked around and found a abandoned mall. I walked in and found a clothing store. It had sparcly clothes and shoes. I grabbed a big bag and stuffed some clothes in my size in it. I grabbed a black jacket and a red shirt with a pair of jeans and through them on. I also grabbed a pair of sweatpants and a gray T-shirt. I through in a black sweatshirt and a pair of sneakers and left.

I paused at the food court and found some chips and snacked on them as I walked through the mall. I wondered what it was like back when it was up and running. With people everywhere and teens in groups gossiping about what kind of week they had. It must of been nice but that was forever ago after the wars in 2134 and then in 2301 the world has changed. You almost never see people anymore except for peacekeepers. That's one of the reasons I keep moving is because peacekeepers will kill people like me. They will kill anyone with the X Gene.

That's when I heard footsteps, I took off running. I ran as far as my feet could take me. I hid behind a wall and I heard peacekeepers. This was it I thought is I slumped down the wall.

"Pssss," I heard a voice say. I looked up and saw a longed black haired guy looking down at me from the rafters. He smiled down at me and jumped down from the rafters. He walked over to me with a smile and his hands in his pants pockets.

"So what are you," he said to me as he looked at me intensely. His blue eyes were amazing as he flashed over to me. He was a Hoshi like me. He looked into my eyes and saw the this didn't phase me. And he smirked at me.

"What's your name," said the cute guy intensely.

"Angel," I said taking a step to him. He was so beautiful and alluring.

"I'm Shane," the guy said taking a step to me as well.

"Come with me," Shane said as he started to make his way to the exit. I ran to ketch up to him.

We walked to this big abandoned house and Shane walked in and I followed him. Inside the house was two girls, one that looked like Shane and the other was a little girl with blonde hair and looked like she was 5.

"Angel this is my little sister Celest," Shane said as he pointed to the girl that had black hair and the same blue eyes. "And this is Ally," he continued as he pointed to the little girl.

"What is she doing here," Celest said with her arms crossed. She looked unhappy about me being here.

"She is one of us and will be treated as one," Shane said in a very stern voice. He wrapped his arm around me and showed me to a room with a bed and a dresser.

"This is your room Ally set everything up for you and their are clothes in the dresser for you," Shane smiled at me.

I walked around the room and smiled the bed was dressed in red and black sheets and the room was red. The dresser was stocked full of clothes and they were all in my size.

"How did you know, did you know I was coming," I said to Shane as I sat on my bed. Shane walked over and sat by me.

"No but Ally did, Ally can see the future, she saw that you were coming and got all of us to set this room up for you," he smiled at me. "There is a bathroom down the hall if you want to take a shower," Shane said as he squeezed my hand then left.

I can't believe this I looked through the dresser and found a sparkly blue shirt and gray sweatpants and a bra and underwear and went down the hall and took a shower. I let the warm water fall on me and I found a bottle that said my name on it so I used it and washed my silky black hai. It smelt of pomegranates and fresh roses. I got out and patted myself dry and got dressed.