Prologue

Ginny tapped her foot impatiently as she and her mother waited for the group to get back. Suddenly, she heard the Whoosh of a portkey, and hurried down the front steps after her mother. Her brown eyes met the green ones of the man she desperately wanted- and she tried- to hate. Harry Potter stared back into her eyes for what seemed like forever- but was probably only a second- before looking over to Molly Weasley.

As her mother went back inside, Harry turned back to Ginny, and she saw the questioning, pleading look in his eyes.

"Ron and Tonks should have been back first, but they missed their portkey," she said, answering his unspoken question as she pointed out a rusty oil can lying on the ground nearby. "And that one should have been Dad and Fred's, they should have been second. You and Hagrid were third and," she checked her watch, "if they made it, George and Lupin ought to be back in about a minute."

And they were. But there was something wrong, George was unconscious and his ear was cut off. Lupin dragged him inside, and Ginny followed after. Ginny comforted her brother as the others arrived, and then her oldest brother Bill delivered bad news.

"Mad-Eye's dead." And then Ginny's mind travelled to all of the lesson's Mad-Eye had given her, and thought, He can't be dead. Constant Vigilance. But then she remembered, it wasn't Mad-Eye at all, it was a death eater.

When Harry's birthday rolled around, Ginny pulled him up to her room. She knew he'd never seen the inside before, and she smiled softly as he looked around.

She looked up into his face, and, taking a deep breath, said, "Happy seventeeth."

"Yeah...thanks," he muttered, not looking directly at her.

"Nice view," he said feebly.

She ignored this. "I couldn't think of what to get you," she said.

"You didn't have to get me anything."

She ignored this too.

"I didn't know what would be useful. Nothing too big, because you wouldn't be able to take it with you."

She took a step closer to him. "So then I thought, I'd like you to have something you remember me by, you know, if you meet some veela when you're off doing whatever you're doing."

:I think dating opportunities are going to be pretty thin on the ground, to be honest."

"There's the sliver lining I've been looking for." And she kissed him, just as passionately as their first kiss, if not more. She felt his hand on her back, the other in her copper hair, and then Bang!

The door flew open, and they jumped apart.

"Oh," said her idoit brother Ron. "Sorry."

"Ron!" Hermione said from behind him.

"Well, happy birthday anyway, Harry," Ginny muttered.

Ginny turned away, and she could feel his gaze on her back. Though she knew he wouldn't in front of Ron, she wanted Harry to comfort her, take her side. And for the first time, tears fillied her eyes when he didn't. 

"I'll see you later," he said, leaving.

The next day was Bill and Fleur's wedding. Ginny watched as Harry entered the tent, hiding a smile when she saw how handsome he was. She turned back to Fred and George's friend, Lee Jordan, who she was dancing with.

"There's that cousin you were telling me about. Dress robes are a bit tight on him though," Lee teased. Ginny lauged and rested her head on his chest. 

 All through the night, Ginny tried to get over to Harry so she could snag a dance with him, but everytime she got close, she'd get whisked away by another man. Just as she was about to ask him to dance, a silver lynx patronus bounded through the top of the tent.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

As Harry walked into the tent, he saw Ginny dancing in his chest, and the monster inside of him that had been asleep since sixth year, roared with jealousy. Ginny isn't yours anymore, he reminded himself. You broke up with her for her safety. She's free to dance with whoever she wants.

But the monster didn't listen, so he looked away and tried to find an empty seat. He engaged himself in conversation with Elphias Doge, but he was very aware of Ginny slightly edging towards him. Just as he was sure she was going to ask him to dance, a silver lynx patronus bounded through the top of the tent. And it spoke with the loud, deep, slow voice of Kingsley Shacklebolt.

"The Ministry has fallen. Scrimgeour is dead. They are coming."

That was all it took to send the crowd into a spiraling panic. Harry searched around for Ginny, Ron, and Hermione. As soon as he saw the beige low cut dress that Ginny was wearing, he started to hurry over to her. "Ginny!"

Remus Lupin stopped him and started pushing him in the other direction. Harry pushed past him and hurried over to Ginny, grabbing her wrist as she Stunned a death eater. He pulled her over to Ron and Hermione. Hermione grabbed her wrist, Harry felt the sucking sensation as he spun on the spot, and they were gone, Ginny still by his side.

_______________________________________________________________________

Yes, yes, new story, I hope you guys like it.

It's 1:54 in the morning here, I just downed four cans of Dr. Pepper, and I'm so tired that I'm headbanging to Taylor Swift(Song to the side.)

Yeah. Three more votes on the last chapter of I Love You Weasley for an update there, and let's do 5 votes and 5 comments for an update here.

Oh, by the way, only disclaimer for this whole book: I DON'T OWN HARRY POTTER OR ANY CHARACTERS ASSOCIATED.

Later,

Jordan.