Dance With A Malfoy

Hermione was standing in front of the full-length mirror in the dorm she shared with Ginny. It had taken her nearly 2 hours to get ready for the Yule Ball. 

She glanced once more at her reflection and was very pleased with the results. Her hair was pulled back into a bun and had a couple curls free, framing her heart-shaped face. She went for nude makeup style - to look natural. She barely recognized herself. 

She looked... beautiful. 

She had adorned a satin dress that had a periwinkle blue hue, and simple black heels that had sequins around the heel. She looked at herself one last time, before there was a sharp rap on the dorm door. 

"Hermione!" called the voice of her best friend. "Are you ready to go?"

"Yes I am" Hermione responded. 

The door creaked open, revealing Ginny in all her glory. She wore a black dress that accentuated her curves, and brought out her fiery red hair. The dress was covered in glitter and it caught the light, making it glow. 

"You look stunning Gin!" exclaimed Hermione. 

"Nowhere near as good as you!" Ginny complemented with a smile. "Still stubborn on keeping your date secret? You can tell me, I wont tell a soul."

Hermione considered it for a while, before deciding to tell Ginny the truth; or a bit of it. "I'm going with Viktor."

"Viktor, as in Viktor Krum?" Ginny squealed.  "Really?"

"I'm serious Gin, he asked when we were studying in the library." she said, tucking a stray piece of her coffee-tinted hair behind her ear. 

"Ooh! Studying eh?" she smirked. 

"Ginny!" Hermione laughed , playfully slapping her on her arm. 

"I'm so happy for you Mione." Ginny hugged her tight, careful not to ruin either of their dresses. 

"thanks Gin. Have a great night with... Neville, was it?" Hermione enquired.

Ginny nodded. "Yeah. Thanks Mione. You enjoy your night as well."

"Will do." Hermione promised. 

Ginny slyly smiled. "I want details later!"

"Ginerva Weasley! Nothing is gonna happen. If it does..." she trailed off. 

Laughing, and with a quick flick of her skirt, Ginny vanished, leaving Hermione alone in the room. Hermione took a deep breath and walked out to the great hall. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She looked up and found that nearly everyone was staring at her with admiring eyes. She sought out her friends and saw that they were at the base of the grand staircase. She waved at them and giggled. Little did they know that Krum wasn't they reason she was beaming. 

Her eyes scanned the crowds of people in the Hall and her brown met with Viktor's black. Sure, Viktor was attractive, but he just wasn't Hermione's type. He had dark hair, broad shoulders and a smile that wooed every other girl at Hogwarts. But his charms just didn't work on Hermione, 'cause she has already succumbed to another person's charm. In fact, her type in men was almost the complete opposite of Krum. 

None the less, she walked over to Viktor, slightly wobbly on heels. 

"Hermninny!" Viktor called over the noise.

Hermione gave a small smile when Viktor pronounced her name wrong. "Good evening Viktor." He took her smaller hand is his and kissed it.

 "You look gorgeous" he said, his voice sincere.