chapter | 22

──────L U D I C R O U S[ chapter 22 • stuck on my mind ]──────

──────
L U D I C R O U S
[ chapter 22 • stuck on my mind ]
──────

ATALIE ANDERSON.

I cant stop thinking about her. I don't know how she has gotten into my head, but I hate the fact that I gave her this power without even knowing. Her name alone twisted itself into all my thoughts for the past week. Her laugh, her smile, everything about her was embarked into my mind.

I know I shouldn't care. Or bother to add her to my list of priorities when I have other shit I need to be dealing with. I had a lot homework, and I had to start planning my plans for the future. For the after.

But I couldn't help it. I couldn't fucking think about anything school related. I can't even finish a math assignment that usually takes an hour to dominate, maybe even less. I was stuck on the same problem for about an hour with noting but the equation written down. It was fucking with my head.

She was in my fucking head.

I can't stop thinking back to the time where Nathan crashed my car, and her head smacked against the dashboard. If I hadn't acted faster and pulled her back, then she would've flew out of the car. When she had a trail of crimson flowing from her nose, a cut by her eyebrow, all the while getting arrested.

She was keeping her distance from me — ignoring me would actually be the better term. And I completely understood. I was the reason why she got arrested and hurt, it was common sense to not want anything else to do with me. Hell, I would've stayed away from myself too.

I lean back in my chair, dropping my pencil onto my desk. The homework assignment was just going to have to wait until I cleared my head. Until I came up with a plan.

I hear laughter coming from downstairs and I'm reminded of the fact my family was downstairs having a movie night. My mother just wanted to spend some time with my sister as she's always working her shift as a nurse at the hospital.

I obviously didn't attend.

According to my mom watching a Disney movie was too much of a privilege at the moment.

I shoot up from my seat, frustration rushing through my veins as I run a hand through my hair. I found myself pacing back and forth. I need to stop thinking about her. I need to get my shit together and focus on the more important things — things that benefited me. And Atalie Anderson wasn't on my agenda.

But fuck do I want to see her.

I pounder for a second, thinking of a person I could come to in a time of need. But I don't exactly have a long list of friends I could trust. So having someone talk to Atalie for me was out the window, and long gone.