Preview

AUTHORS NOTE

Hello! This is an very small excerpt from my rough draft for Our Hill of Stars. It's still being worked on and I am unsure when I will start to release chapters. This is a portion from a couple days into the book. I apologize for any confusion. This is a huge love triangle book with Rose and Theo being the main protagonist and antagonist in the book. I would love some feed back and questions and what I could work on to make things better. I love you all for taking time to read and hope you enjoy what I have for you :)

-JS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rose glances at the door every couple of minutes. She has this weird feeling in her stomach and she doesn't know why. During this time she questions her decision to move here. To go to school here. Does she think she won't see him? She knows he's here. Somewhere in this city he lives and breathes without her. She instantly regrets everything. Why did she do this to herself, she was fine back in Salt Lake City, she lived her life happily without worrying where he was. That's a lie, she thinks to herself. She has his picture on the wall, their memories together were everywhere around town. It seems she can't escape him. She needs to go to bed, she thinks as she downs the rest of her drink and then heads up the stairs. She hears someone yell at her but there's tears now and she can't breathe.

Theo walks into the home impressed. It's huge. He looks over and sees Bella, she waves and runs over.

"You need to meet Rose, I just saw her! Follow me" Theo feels his chest tighten, that same feeling building up. It's her. He lets Bella pull him where Rose is, he nods and waves at people he recognizes as he follows. He sees his best friend Leo in the back talking to some girl he remembers from high school. Who all came with her? He thinks. He hopes it is not a ton of people from high school. He left that town for that reason exactly. He couldn't stand most of the people there. He hated South Dakota where he used to go to college, for that reason too. He should have known, he was still with Rose, he needed her. He can't stand that HE ever needed HER. He doesn't need anyone but himself.

"ROSE" Bella yells next to him. He tries so hard not to look. Then he realizes, he needs to be sure. By the time he finally looks up he sees a woman turning the corner at the top of the stairs until he can't see her anymore. He couldn't tell, he needed to see her.

"She said she does have to get up early. Come on, there are more people I want you to meet. You can meet Rose another time. She starts school in a week I think." A week? He thinks in shock. He should be able to wait that long, plus he thinks Bella is in the mood tonight which is exactly what he needs.

"Sounds good babe" He says before they start off to the kitchen. When he walks in he's sure.

"The fuck" He sees Rachel, damn, why did it have to be Rachel. "Well look who it is. Mister Theodore." He can see Bella glance at him quickly before turning to Rachel, he slowly shakes his head at Rachel. Her eyes widen at the realization of what he's subtlety trying to say,  that Bella doesn't know about Rose. Nor does he want Bella to. She would make it a bigger deal than it really is and Theo is not in the mood for that tonight. 

Rose is not going to be happy, Rachel thinks to herself.

"We went to high school together, all of us" Bella nods at him, but is still confused. Does he know Rose then? He excuses himself so he can go and find Leo. He also wanted to leave before Mark and Meggi said anything to him. He rushes around trying to find his best friend. He slides his phone from his pocket as he hears his ringtone. Lucas, his brother, pops up on his phone. He slides into a room nearby and puts the phone to his ear.

"Lucas, what do you want?" He can hear music and talk in the background. Already annoyed he wants to hang up the phone.

"Bro, where are you? This party sucks, Bella won't respond to me." Of course he thinks. He just wants to party.

"I will send you the address, but dude I have to talk to you about something serious as soon as possible. When you're sober."

"Yeah, okay bro. Send me that quick" Theo hangs up the phone. Now to find Leo. He sends Lucas his location and heads back out of the room. Just to run into Rachel again.

"Just so you know, jerkface. I didn't say anything to your girlfriend for Rose's sake. Not for you. Got it?" He nods and rolls his eyes.

"No reason to be a bitch" Theo pushes past her.

"You know what you did. Don't act like an idiot. We both know you aren't." He sighs but continues walking to find Leo. He needs to see him as soon as possible.

Rose lays in her bed, she doesn't know how long it has been since she got in. She can't seem to sleep, there's a weird feeling in her chest. She feels like she can't breathe, she can't think. All she can see is his eyes, staring back at her in the darkness. Even when she closes her eyes, she can suddenly hear his voice, feel his arms around her, smell him. At this moment she wishes she would die. That she no longer has to remember him. She wants to forget him for the rest of time. The way he made her feel. She can't help but love him every time he passes through her mind, interrupting all of her thoughts, just to put her in pain all over again. Just the thought of him makes her feel helpless and alone, but she can't bear not thinking of him. How can one person cause you so much pain, but will to live at the same time.

After swallowing another pill she can feel her throat get tight again. "I'll never feel that way again" She whispers in realization. How did this happen? She tried so hard, just to let him slip past her. "Not this time,'' she mumbled as she fell to sleep. Just to dream of him.